Gel or L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockChic

Reaction score
I`ve been working on natural nails for about 18 months and am considering moving into gels or acrylics. I know little about each except for what I have googled.
Can you please give me the benefit of your own experience and knowledge and advise me which of the two you prefer.
I`m kind of steering towards gels at the moment but that is based on the fact it doesn`t appear to damage the natural nail underneath.
I have concerns about the chemical aspect and my own health using the products, being mildly asthmatic.
Please be kind with me, I have limited knowledge on the subject and am currently researching both facts and opinions. Many Thanks

Neither acrylic nor gel will damage the natural nail if done correctly. If I was you I would be looking to train with Cnd and learning both gel and acrylic. If you phone sweet squared they will be able to advise you further.
Hth's

Many Thanks. Thank You for taking the time to reply

Both acrylic and gels have their uses ... so .. if you can afford to, go on a course which offer both ...

Chances are that you may fall in love with one of the systems and may even be better or feel happier using one and then you can concentrate on that one until you perfect the other.

But neither should damage the natural nail if you are taught correctly and follow those instructions.

Good luck! :)

I`ve been working on natural nails for about 18 months and am considering moving into gels or acrylics. I know little about each except for what I have googled.
Can you please give me the benefit of your own experience and knowledge and advise me which of the two you prefer.
I`m kind of steering towards gels at the moment but that is based on the fact it doesn`t appear to damage the natural nail underneath.
I have concerns about the chemical aspect and my own health using the products, being mildly asthmatic.
Please be kind with me, I have limited knowledge on the subject and am currently researching both facts and opinions. Many Thanks

I would have thought Shellac would be the next step up from natural nail manicures, get them hooked on that first...

This article from the Articles section of this site will give you a lot of good information...http://www.salongeek.com/training/15482-system-comparison-written-salon-magazine-gigi-rouse.html

I also would say that if you did want to stick to natural nail treatments rather than go down the enhancement route then the new hybrid gel/polish products like Shellac and Gelish may be worth considering.
Plenty information on here about them, and all the others that are being launched at the moment.
Best place on here for ALL the info on them is in the Social Groups. HTH

Many Thanks To All Who Have Responded To My Question, I Greatly Appreciate Your Help. x:hug:

Latest posts

Back