Gel Overlay Removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyGray

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've not long been working as mobile and am trained in Gel polish, manicures and pedicures but no enhancements yet. A friend has asked me if I can remove Gel overlays she had put on for her wedding...

Is the kind of thing I could do for her or do I need to refer her back to the person who applied them? She obviously would like me to do a manicure for her afterwards so am keen to get the business but also keen not to destroy her nails so if it's not something you lot think I should be doing, I won't do it...

What say you lot? And its a doddle to remove them... how? And what would you charge for doing it?

Thank you!

This is a difficult question, unlesss you know exactly what is on the nails.... and I mean exactly! Not just what she 'thinks' are on them!

I do BioSculpture gel overlays. If I treated them like Shellac for removal, it would work, but take longer to soak off. But I think it would work, as the Bio remover is acetone. I don't know how other gel systems and gel polishes are removed.

Yeah she doesn't know what it is...thanks for your input, I will probably tell her to get them removed elsewhere. I just hope she comes back to me after!

Did she have enhancements applied or just a coloured gel polish? If it was just a coloured polish then you can soak it off like any other gel polish but if an enhancement gel was used, it could be either a soak off or buff off gel and unless she knows the brand I would send her back to the person who applied them for removal.

You don't want to be buffing off gel enhancements unless you have experience doing it.

I know it's tempting as you want her business but I'd send her back to the original tech, better to be safe than sorry, and she could come to you for a manicure afterwards. xxx

Thanks all, I think it's an overlay enhancement rather than just polish and I definitely don't want to be buffing that off so I will send her back, if it was a question of soaking I'd have done it but no I won't be doing any buffing so I'll send her back, thanks all! Much appreciated!

Latest posts

Back