Gel overlays not looking great

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickypearce

Reaction score
Hi all, just looking a professional opinion on my nails if poss.

I had Bio Sculpture gel overlays applied to my natural nails just after xmas. Ive had gel on my nails on and off for years but this was a new tech working form home. Was very pleased with them but due to a death in the family, me being sick and the usual crap I was unable to make another appointment for my infills untill last week.
So 6 weeks regrowth, they still looked great with a bit of seche on top of them.
Went last week to the girls house, came out and was a bit miffed. They seemed very thick. Went home and had a good look at them. Where the old clear gel was underneath, shes filed a bit but you can still see the line. Ive never had that before! Also have a big lump of something on my thumb nail thats actually in the gel, going to have to buff it off as I have a wedding at the weekend, not my own unfortunitly.

Also theres loads of fluff atually in the gel, I can see it very clearly.

This isnt normal is it? Am I being too fussy or picking at her work?

Thank in advance :hug:

Hi all, just looking a professional opinion on my nails if poss.

I had Bio Sculpture gel overlays applied to my natural nails just after xmas. Ive had gel on my nails on and off for years but this was a new tech working form home. Was very pleased with them but due to a death in the family, me being sick and the usual crap I was unable to make another appointment for my infills untill last week.
So 6 weeks regrowth, they still looked great with a bit of seche on top of them.
Went last week to the girls house, came out and was a bit miffed. They seemed very thick. Went home and had a good look at them. Where the old clear gel was underneath, shes filed a bit but you can still see the line. Ive never had that before! Also have a big lump of something on my thumb nail thats actually in the gel, going to have to buff it off as I have a wedding at the weekend, not my own unfortunitly.

Also theres loads of fluff atually in the gel, I can see it very clearly.

This isnt normal is it? Am I being too fussy or picking at her work?

Thank in advance :hug:

From what you say the finish doesn't sound great, but I'm not going to criticise someone who isn't here to defend her work. Saying that, I wouldn't expect fluff in the gel, and you are right to expect a smooth finish. IMO you should ring her up and tell her what you've told us and ask her to rectify it.

hth's

From what you say the finish doesn't sound great, but I'm not going to criticise someone who isn't here to defend her work. Saying that, I wouldn't expect fluff in the gel, and you are right to expect a smooth finish. IMO you should ring her up and tell her what you've told us and ask her to rectify it.

hth's

Thanks for your reply, I called her and she was very defensive.

Ok so the fluff was my fault cause I was wearing a black top that evening she says, even though it was a tshirt and no where near my nails.

As for the line under the new gel where the old stuff has grown up the nail (you know you can see the old clear gel under the new stuff) , thats normal apparently. I said I never had that before and she says "well thats the way I do mine and if you dont like it then dont bother coming back" then she puts the phone down.

Im shocked!

To be honest I would want to complain, but as she doesn't sound very approachable and works for herself i doubt you will get anywhere....its not good enough...and its not right but for the sake of sanity I would just leave it. Obviously you wont be going back and you wont be passing her name to others so at the end of the day she is the one losing out.

I would ring Bio Sculpture and ask if there is another tech that uses it near you....I think they have they list.

HTH x

I agree, look for another tech.
Without seeing your nails we can't really give too much of an opinion but what I can say is that if a client of mine called me to say they weren't happy and had problems I would be mortified and ask them to come back so I can have a look and find out what she doesn't like and get them sorted.
Good luck with your next tech as you can see from this site that most of us are good natured & professional.

Latest posts

Back