Gel peeled off after one day because of thumb sucker!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauren29

Reaction score
I had a client recently who I applied Icon UV Gel on and the day after told me one of her thumbs had peeled off, which is the one she sucks!
All the other fingers are fine and fully entacted, surely it should have lasted longer than a day though?!
I applied bonding prep as normal etc.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I suck my thumb, and always have done and I've never lost any nails due to it

I think there may have been teeth involved too!:D

Arrrgh its happened again, a clients nails lifting!! I have contacted the company I trained with and also bought the Icon kit from to see if she can give any insight as to whats happening? I really worried ive made a rash decision and made a bad choice of gel! Im steering towards Gelish but really need to get rid of the Icon I have left before I can afford it. Any ideas peeps?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was having this issue with nails coming off after a day or two... Took me a while to get to the bottom of it but the gel had changed due to being left in the cold overnight!! I had to bin every gel and have had to start again from scratch!! A very expensive lesson learned!!

I am now (finally) sporting nails that have been on for two weeks with no issues!!

Hope you get to the end of it!!

Latest posts

Back