Gel polish advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dollygal05

Reaction score
I have been looking at various gel polish that's available and wondered if anyone has used bluesky products if so what are they like?

I have been looking at various gel polish that's available and wondered if anyone has used bluesky products if so what are they like?

I won't read and run, Bluesky isn't highly thought of within the industry, it's low end- available to the public on eBay for a fiver and let's not forget the packaging is misleading looking so similar to Shellac. I feel like they ride of the back of Shellac's success and the product is no where near the quality of shellac.

Here are some gel polish brands I can recommend from using myself.
Gelish (my favourite)
Shellac
Gellux.

I currently use gelish, the colour selection is 2nd to none I never have any problems and its the most durable gel polish I've used, Gellux is good, limited but nice colour selection it's not expensive so good for a smaller budget but it did take a little longer for me to remove Gellux, Shellac a recognised brand, nice colours, I personally couldn't get along with it but I know a lot of therapists live by it.
Good luck xx

Hi,
you won't get any thumbs up about Bluesky on here! Its kind of a cheap 'immitation polish', not a lot is known about what's actually in it, so most professionals DO NOT use it!

I did actually buy a Bluesky last year though, when i was just first starting out and was new to the whole gel polish craze, as I loved this particular colour.
It went on lovely, but faded and lost that glossy finish within a couple of days, and the worst thing...it took me AGES to remove. In the end, ruined my nails, as I had to pretty much file it off.
NEVER AGAIN. And I'm so glad I only used it on ME and not a client.

Cost me £5 so was very cheap in comparison to Gellux (which I now use and love btw) but seriously, I wouldn't bother.

HTH,

Sam

Ok thank you, I was just browsing the internet and there were a few colours I like for myself but I wanted other peoples opinions :). X

Latest posts

Back