Gel polish, anyone experience just 1 nail that won't cure with any system?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkmummy

Reaction score
I'm so frustrated and at a total loss with this one. I use Shellac, Gellish and Jessica Geleration. My client has 1 nail (unfortunately middle one :rolleyes: ), that just won't cure properly. I've tried basing the nail in builder/sculpting gel, top coat, then buff and reapply colour. It worked once but went rubbery within 4 days. I've spoken to 2 nail company training depts who really can't understand why this is happening.
I've thoroughly prepped the nail as I usually do, a number of times, but the blasted colour just wont cure! Time and time again!
Anyone else ever experience this and how did you move on from it and get a lasting finish.
Thanks in advance for any guidance.

No I've never come across this! Only thing I can think of is are your bulbs clean? Clients can sometimes be a bit heavy handed when placing their hands in the lamp and will knock the bulb leaving a blob of gel/polish which then cures leaving a kind of blind spot. Might be worth checking?

This has never happened to me, but have you tried applying a thin layer of acrylic then apply the gel on top of the acrylic?

Does it happen to anyone else? I would check your lamp.

Thanks for your replies. No the bulbs are clean, I'm using the correct wavelength lamp for the products. Every other client is fine. It first happened with this client a week ago, finally managed to cure by almost basing the nail in sculpting gel, but the edge has lifted and now even that won't cure, only cured over part of the nail. Think I'll have to try a thin layer of acrylic as suggested, thanks. Would have been my next step but was worth asking. Still really flummoxed by this...:irked::irked:

This happened to me once when I put my hand in too far into the lamp. Have ypu checked your client is positioning her hand correctly?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back