Gel polish brands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susannah22

Reaction score
I am going to expand my business and start offering gel polish. Which brands would you recommend for someone starting out? I've been looking at Bluesky Mylee, has any had any experience with their products?

I am going to expand my business and start offering gel polish. Which brands would you recommend for someone starting out? I've been looking at Bluesky Mylee, has any had any experience with their products?

There are many gel polish brands out there as you probably already know, but concerning the product you mention:

http://www.salongeek.com/threads/why-not-bluesky.311232/

The Nail forum contains many gel polish related threads in the meantime though ;)

Hi, before I trained I got myself a mylee lamp and bluesky gel polishes and did my own nails for about a year and I found that they lasted better than ordinary polish but nowhere near as long as everyone says gel polish is supposed to last. I have recently qualified and have just started to invest in IBD as I didn't feel confident in offering bluesky to paying clients knowing how little time it lasted on myself. I am currently wearing my first set of IBD and it already feels better quality than the bluesky, i'm just keeping my fingers crossed it lasts as long as people have been telling me it does :)

What brand did you go for and what's your opinion?

I use Shellac but my friend who does my nails uses bluesky on me. I have bluesky gel polish over gel overlays and it lasts me 4 weeks till it's time for infills due to growth xx

I use Shellac but my friend who does my nails uses bluesky on me. I have bluesky gel polish over gel overlays and it lasts me 4 weeks till it's time for infills due to growth xx
That's crazy I just about get bluesky to last two weeks.
do you know where she purchases her polishes from?
I assumed it was the polish I was using as trained with gelish harmony at it lasted 3 weeks and only took them off due to the growth.
I have now splashed out £100s of pounds on the gellux range.

How are you finding gellux and IBD?

I use Gellux, have no problems at all with the application but its a bitch to remove, I use their easy off base coat now which makes it a bit easier but still takes longer than other gel polishes to remove.

I also have Gellux's own lamp and although there are quite a few negative comments about their lamp i've never (touch wood) had a problem with it.

I use nsi polish pro and halo. I have magpie but I'm not keen.

What could be the reason mine aren't lasting with bluesky? I do the correct preparing and use the same base/top coat as polish?

I use Gellux, have no problems at all with the application but its a bitch to remove, I use their easy off base coat now which makes it a bit easier but still takes longer than other gel polishes to remove.

I also have Gellux's own lamp and although there are quite a few negative comments about their lamp i've never (touch wood) had a problem with it.
How long do you get out of the gellux?

That's crazy I just about get bluesky to last two weeks.
do you know where she purchases her polishes from?
I assumed it was the polish I was using as trained with gelish harmony at it lasted 3 weeks and only took them off due to the growth.
I have now splashed out £100s of pounds on the gellux range.

Hi, she gets them from eBay. I wonder if it lasts longer as it on a gel overlay??

Here's a pic of my nails with bluesky over gel and I've had it on for 3.5 weeks at this point xx

Attachments

• IMG_4349.JPG
    IMG_4349.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 320
What could be the reason mine aren't lasting with bluesky? I do the correct preparing and use the same base/top coat as polish?
Are you shaking the bottle to mix up all the pigments etc?

Also what suits one persons nails won't suit another.

Have you tried using it over a thin layer of hard gel? xx

Hi, she gets them from eBay. I wonder if it lasts longer as it on a gel overlay??

Here's a pic of my nails with bluesky over gel and I've had it on for 3.5 weeks at this point xx
Oh wow, if you could ask her if they last that long when on plain nails? Much appreciated.xx

Are you shaking the bottle to mix up all the pigments etc?

Also what suits one persons nails won't suit another.

Have you tried using it over a thin layer of hard gel? xx
Yes I make sure the pigments are all mixed.

Hard gel? I'm not sure

How long do you get out of the gellux?

I can get 3 weeks out of gellux, some clients prefer a re-do at 2 weeks some book in at 3/4weeks and usually the gel is still intact, no peeling/chipping/lifting its dependent upon how much growth there is usually as to how long they will then go between applications.

Ink london ilac! They are brilliant all round,product,training,quality,customer service.. can't fault them! X

Try the manicure company....there reasonably priced and there colours are fab.

I've being using it since it launched just over. A year ago and I wouldn't use anythung else...brill for both gel polish and over gels x

I use Bluesky too. I've just removed my sister in law's after 2.5 weeks. No chips at all. She has OCD as well so they've withstood lots of cleaning. Only removed them due to growing out. I use it on myself too. I tend to remove after a week or 2 to practice something else x

I just heard about them today. I must look into them.

Latest posts

Back