Gel polish how much?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephlkelly

Reaction score
Hi I use IBD just gel polish just wondering how much extra to charge for this on top of enhancements? Any help would be much appreciated Tia

Varies from area to area but we charge an extra £5.00 for permanent colour over enhancements

I charge £10 for shellac over enhancements x

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

Thing is round my area I think £15 is the most someone would pay for a gel polish manicure, so obviously don't want to price it so no one has this option but also don't want to shoot myself in the foot as it is a extra on top which costs money and time so unsure what to charge x

Last edited:
Can I just ask, if you charge £10 for shellac, how much do you charge for regular polish? X

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

I do £10 extra x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's a hell of lot of extra work & effort for £5. I wouldn't have thought that would be financially viable if you actually costed the extra time etc.

It's a hell of lot of extra work & effort for £5. I wouldn't have thought that would be financially viable if you actually costed the extra time etc.

I disagree. Takes me 10 mins max to apply colour and cure and product cost is minimal

x

At your pricing I can see an advantage to the client but not to one's business.

So I guess we'll have to agree to disagree :)

At my pricing it IS advantage to my business !!!!!!

The logistics are quite clear . How can you possibly say that for a nail technician taking an extra ten mins on the service that £5.00 is not viable I do not know

The price for re balance with a colour we charge £26 which I can assure you is the highest in my area for a natural re balance we charge £21 and again that is the highest charge in my area

As I said in my first reply it will vary from area to area and maybe in London this is not viable but certainly where we are it is !

The figures add up

It takes me about 20 mins extra to do a shellac top coat and the cost of shellac is more so i think £10 is reasonable x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Because that £5

1. Is gross not profit
2. doesn't take 10 mins to make
3. Devalues the product & your skills

You can state it's viable & I maintain that it isn't irrespective of postcode.

To be fair if you take off cost per service it probably only makes you £3 so willow rose does have a good point there. Shellac is fairly costly.

Why on earth is it assumed I am talking about Shellac ...... geez even the OP wasnt so why do people assume thats the only permanent colour people use !!!

Yes £5 is gross but my nett profit would be approx £4.25 and yes I CAN do it in ten mins ......Are you suggesting I lied Willow Rose when I said it takes me ten mins ?

I charge £5 extra and only add on 5 mins extra time. This is plenty of time to say your only doing 3 layers on each hand, and you also have the time you would normally use to do a regular polish. I use Gelish.

Laura xx

Why on earth is it assumed I am talking about Shellac ...... geez even the OP wasnt so why do people assume thats the only permanent colour people use !!!

Yes £5 is gross but my nett profit would be approx £4.25 and yes I CAN do it in ten mins ......Are you suggesting I lied Willow Rose when I said it takes me ten mins ?

Ooooops sorry! *Collects head on floor after being bitten off*, I only said shellac as someone mentioned it above you! 😳

Ooooops sorry! *Collects head on floor after being bitten off*, I only said shellac as someone mentioned it above you! 😳

LOL. No was not biting your head off - Sorry if it appeared that way :hug:- It was not directed at you but the thread in general. get a little fed up with so many people assuming that is the product that is used .

The OP asked about GEL POLISH over extensions and as we are continually told Shellac is NOT a a gel polish

The colour I use is half the price of Shellac so I still maintain that £5 extra IN ADDITION to my normal 3 week price is more than adequate

Shellac is not cheap, I charge £12.50 on top of my enhancements.

Shellac is not cheap, I charge £12.50 on top of my enhancements.

She didn't say shellac ;)

I also think it depends how much you charge for enhancements it the first place as to how much you can add on.

Laura xx

I use IBD just gel polish it's not cheap but don't think it's as much as Cnd shellac? So with a lot charging £10 extra who use Cnd shellac think I should go slightly under that price?

Latest posts

Back