Gel polish infills?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allthingsbeautyx

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on in filling gel polish ladies? I use Jessica GELeration and was never taught to infill, I usually soak off and re apply. However I've recently had a lady ask if I can just infill for a cheaper price if she sticks to the same colour or something that will cover the old, as she is coming every 2 weeks. I don't know what to reply to her really, I don't want to get into in filling for a cheaper price when I have ladies who don't mind paying what I charge to soak off and reapply. Plus I'm not sure it will last to infill every time as this will just be a build up of old gel that should be soaked off, and when it comes to soaking off this could be a night mare. But at the same time, I don't want to lose a client!

I always soak off and reapply, I sure wouldn't be able to get a smooth application and it would just look rubbish!

Last edited:
I have doing a fill using gel polish and it actually lasts a heck of a longtime the only issue is that gel polish is not Ment to stay on that long and actually dehydrates the natural nail the longer it stays on the nail.

So professionally I wouldn't . But for myself and my mom I have and I did do few experiments or trials and this is the results.

I would just advise her that this is not the intended use of the product. If she wants a permanent colour that she is happy to stick with and just have infills then something like calgel, biosculpture etc. is more for her.

Steer the Client to the appropriate product for what they want rather than compromise a product that isn't suitable for what they want.

Always re-apply. It's not recommended to infill and you won't be covered by your insurance.

I did try a sneaky infill on my own shellac just to save me time and I can tell you it doesn't really work, even with the darker/stronger colours it just looks patchy and lighter at the cuticle.

Has she been going somewhere that has been doing that?

Gelish and artistic colour gloss do advise that you can do this.
I've done it. It works well.

I do it on my own toenails as I hate removing it but not on clients.

Always re-apply. It's not recommended to infill and you won't be covered by your insurance.

I did try a sneaky infill on my own shellac just to save me time and I can tell you it doesn't really work, even with the darker/stronger colours it just looks patchy and lighter at the cuticle.

Has she been going somewhere that has been doing that?

She's an ex acrylic user and is wanting to have a more natural nail look so had opted for gel overlays. I have advised that infills are not really what it's intended for but I think she's just thinking more about what she's spending.

She's an ex acrylic user and is wanting to have a more natural nail look so had opted for gel overlays. I have advised that infills are not really what it's intended for but I think she's just thinking more about what she's spending.

If it's hard gel, you can happily infill that and keep her happy :)

then shellac on top x

Even if you did infill and then reapplied the colour it's not going to be much quicker than removal and reapplication - I would be charging the same price anyway!

Latest posts

Back