Gel polish lifting at cuticle

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krum

Reaction score
It only happens to me! Not my clients.
Whatever brand- artistic colour gloss, gelish and shellac.
I always get lifting at the cuticle after about a week. I've tried buffing the nail, I've tried using a bonder, I've tried using a stronger dehydrator but it still happens.
Any ideas?

Might be due to products you exposed to daily perhaps. Mine don't last long a week tops and when I on holiday they last for weeks. So I now just wear gel instead of gel polish

Are you painting them
Too thickly near the cuticle?
I sometimes have this problem when I'm doing my own as I don't pay as much attention as I should when doing them as I do when I'm Doing a clients nails.
x

I have the same problem when doing my own. They lift at the cuticle. They don't last long on me either. About a week. I don't wear gloves that much. I find cnd lasts a bit longer than opi gel colour. I'm actually thinking of changing totally to cnd shellac ..I think it's one of the more stronger brands. I did one hand in opi french and one in shellac and it lasted longer on me. What does everyone else think?

Last edited:
Could there be some cuticle left on your nail? Some type of oils? Cuticle remover? Etc?

Could there be some cuticle left on your nail? Some type of oils? Cuticle remover? Etc?

I'm meticulous with cuticle work and always deactivate cuticle remover plus cleanse the nail fully.

Might be due to products you exposed to daily perhaps. Mine don't last long a week tops and when I on holiday they last for weeks. So I now just wear gel instead of gel polish

I use hand sanitiser a lot at work. And I use cuticle oil on my nails. Not much other than that. You think those would affect it?

Hospital grade hand sanitising gel definitely has an affect on shellac longevity.

Yes a hand sanitiser could do it. My lady who works at the doctors finds this x

Latest posts

Back