Gel polish opinions needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

princess sabz

Reaction score
Hey guys

I am just about to book my course to further my nail skills.

I would like to know, in your opinion, which product you think is the best on the market, Gellux, Shellac or Gelish?

If you could all let me know your views please :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Gelish....
In my experience they last the longest and there are more colour choices.
Ive had a shellac anicure before and it started peeling after about a week (I was on holiday so that couldve been a factor?).
Ive had no experience of Gellux but my friend does that service and says it is good.
Hope this helps!

There is a few threads about this if you do a search.hth

I use Gelish. I went to a couple of techs I know who do Shellac, Gelish and Gelac between them.

I asked for just one nail to be done as a tester to see which would work best.

I found that Shellac didnt stand up to everyday wear and tear so well. I peeled on the 8th day.

Gelac was coming off after day 4.

The Gelish stayed on for the full 21 days. I removed it due to a lot of growth. Plus the foundation layer appears to help nail growth and strength. The other two nails were a little weak after removal. (The same girl removed all three at the same time).

I also found that the Gelish colours have a better depth of colour. Shellac looked a bit wishy washy. I chose all three products with practically the same colour to compare.

Shellac of course is a hybrid polish. Cant remember what Gellac is, but Gelish is a proper UV Gel Polish. It soaks off so easily too. Cant recommend it enough.

Latest posts

Back