Gel polish over L&P done elsewhere

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krum

Reaction score
So I have someone whose had l&p extensions done elsewhere and she just had normal polish topcoat put on them so they were fully finished and buffed to shine.
She's asked me to put gel polish (I use artistic colour gloss) over the top.
I know if you put gel polish over acrylics you've done then you don't buff them to shine so the gel has something to adhere to and you don't use base coat.
As hers are fully buffed would you use base coat? Or try to roughen it up in anyway? Or any other ideas? I want to make sure it doesn't peel.
Thanks

I'd go over with a 180 grit and just reshape them at the same time if needed

I still use Base coat when I gelpolish over acrylics, I also use 240 grit file after shaping with 180 and "touch wood" I've never had any problems but I haven't been doing it long

There is no need to use base coat as the enhancement product acts as your base. It won't do it any harm its just a waste of product.

You will need to remove existing polish and lightly buff over the top of them (I'd use a 180 grit buffer from CND) then 2 coats of colour and top coat.

If I do not use a gel base coat over my acrylics, the gel polish will peel off

Latest posts

Back