Gel polish vs gel colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teddybear27x

Reaction score
hey guys!

I do a lot of acrylic nails and recently started doing gel extensions which I personally love!
I normally always use gelish Polish to finish with a colour a client has chosen but sometimes I wonder should I use uv gel colours to finish instead of? I know nsi do a few, what's the difference? Does anybody use either of these? Let me know any recommendations and on prices between them both

Thanks

Katie

hey guys!

I do a lot of acrylic nails and recently started doing gel extensions which I personally love!
I normally always use gelish Polish to finish with a colour a client has chosen but sometimes I wonder should I use uv gel colours to finish instead of? I know nsi do a few, what's the difference? Does anybody use either of these? Let me know any recommendations and on prices between them both

Thanks

Katie

Katie when you say you use Gelish polish... Do you mean Morgan Taylor polish or do you mean Gelsih? Gelish is a gel polish. Gel polish is category within our industry. Most are made the same way, some are made differently but at the end of the day... If it's coming in a bottle, you're using it like polish but using a lamp to cure it... It falls into that category... To make things easier.

There are new 'long lasting' polishes out there that don't require a UV or LED lamp for curing. I personally wear CND Brisa gel over my natural nails with CND Shellac over the top simply because I love the shine it gives... But to be honest, over enhancements it is just as easy and faster to paint normal nail polish... Does that help at all?

Latest posts

Back