Gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101_lou

Reaction score
So I'm in the process of setting up my mobile business, iv sorted my suppliers for waxing, tinting nail polish ect but can't not for the life of me decide on a gel polish brand can any one recommend a good one to start with ? When I did my course we trained with a Madison's gel polish but we were told to use any brand, I am also looking for a decent spray tan brand as well so recommendations would be greatly appreciated x Tia

Hi,

I'm in the same situation as you and spent ages deciding which gel to go for.

It's personal preference and in the end I chose Gelish due to it's longevity, colour range and reputation.

I think some companies do trial packs too which I didn't realise at the time. Maybe another geek can advise on those.

Good luck! x

There's loads but here's a few:

CND Shellac(not strictly a gel but in the same arena), Gel II is getting fab reviews, Gelish, OPI gelcolor, Jessica Geleration, Cuccio, IBD, Gellux

I'd spend your time and research each one. Don't be solely led by bottle prices, you need to look at cost per service. Each supplier should be able to give you this info. Also look for prices of lamps - normally you are advised to use the same lamp brand as polish and shouldn't mix systems. There are exceptions to this but I'd tread carefully if you choose a lamp that hasn't been manufactured by the same brand.
Then look at colour ranges, ease of removal etc.

There's loads of threads so I'd recommend sticking the kettle on amd doing a search for some of the brands I've mentioned.

Personally I use CND Shellac and am just starting Gel II. I've previously used Gellux

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'd also strongly suggest choosing a brand that you can train in. I know you've already said you've had training but each product is different and many brands offer really good training in their gel polishes for a very reasonable price.

For tans, I use LA tan. There's a massive thread called 'Let's see your tan' which is a great read with loads of photos

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've just purchased my first set of gels to practice with before setting up and I highly recommend cuccio. We used some on my course and my tutor couldn't help but praise them and currently they have some amazing offers on their veneers for October, they where so helpful with my first order. I ordered Wednesday afternoon and had them in my hands Friday morning.

I also have gelish to offer a range when I can but for now I'm getting myself used to Cuccio and so far I'm delighted. I don't think my application was perfect as I'm not used to it but I'm really pleased with how they've turned out.

So iv spent the past few weeks researching - so far Iv managed to buy a lamp :0/
I was going to get gellux but iv heard it's a nightmare to get off- has anyone used opi/ibd? I'm tryig to but the brands that are available in my local wholesalers

Reviews please ??

Gelish and ASP are good which you can buy from Sally's. I would say gelish colour range is the best out there!

I would suggest fake bake for tanning, good training, well known brand , celebrity advertising, good support and most important a natural looking tan, not orange! It's also quite reasonable in price.

So I'm in the process of setting up my mobile business, iv sorted my suppliers for waxing, tinting nail polish ect but can't not for the life of me decide on a gel polish brand can any one recommend a good one to start with ? When I did my course we trained with a Madison's gel polish but we were told to use any brand, I am also looking for a decent spray tan brand as well so recommendations would be greatly appreciated x Tia

I adore Gel II! While I do love Gelish and its reputation is great, I made the jump to Gel II and haven't been able to look back! The shelve life is great and the price is amazing! The colors are good too and their reaction collection is to die for!! Its really gaining great feedback. I suggest trying out a few colors to see but for sure, get a reaction color!

As far as spray tans, You should look in to Exposed!

So iv send my certificates off to the creative group this evening - do you know how long it tAkes for them to authorise for access?
It's sooo exciting :0)

So iv send my certificates off to the creative group this evening - do you know how long it tAkes for them to authorise for access?
It's sooo exciting :0)
They authorised mine within 24 hours, and gave me a login password to use straight away. x

So iv spent the past few weeks researching - so far Iv managed to buy a lamp :0/
I was going to get gellux but iv heard it's a nightmare to get off- has anyone used opi/ibd? I'm tryig to but the brands that are available in my local wholesalers

Reviews please ??

What lamp have you bought & from where ?
You should be buying the lamp that is recommended to be used with the particular brand of gel you'll be using to ensure proper cure of your gel product.

I brought the gellux lamp but If I go gel2 then I'll just buy their lamp and flog the gellux one on eBay I think

Latest posts

Back