gel removals

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Posh Paws

Reaction score
i am using nsi gel at present and love it

I had a client the other day who had ripped her nail right through to the natural nail after jamming it in a car boot ! :eek::eek:

i had to remove the extension as it was split all the way down and i could not file out the crack if you understand ...... (hope i am saying the right thing)

although i have trained it made me think that i still needed more training in this area as i was un sure if i was doing the right thing ..... i am newly qualified ..:eek:
Did i do the right thing and can someone go over the correct procedure of removal i.e how much gel to leave on so as not to damage natural nail...
what you would have done in this situation etc etc
I could not sculpt as the damage was quiet bad to the nail extension.....

bump bump !!!

:lol:

Hiya, I don't do gel nails so I can't advise you what the best method of removal is, but if the client has split her nail enhancement I think you did the right thing by removing it. Was the natural nail damaged at all? Did you put another nail extension on the one you removed?

What part of her nail was affected? Just the free edge or into zone 2?

If the crack was all the way down the nail from zone 1 to 3 then you did the right thing by removing it and replacing with another enhancement.

What part of her nail was affected? Just the free edge or into zone 2?

If the crack was all the way down the nail from zone 1 to 3 then you did the right thing by removing it and replacing with another enhancement.

Was zone 2 and the free edge cutical area seemed ok didnt quiet make it that far down ..... i did replace it with new enhancement as natural nail was not to bad... however had her natural nail been really sore what process would i have taken then ??? 9 enhancements and a plaster ?

Was zone 2 and the free edge cutical area seemed ok didnt quiet make it that far down ..... i did replace it with new enhancement as natural nail was not to bad... however had her natural nail been really sore what process would i have taken then ??? 9 enhancements and a plaster ?

Oh just to add her natural nail was quiet red .... but not sore

This is where an electric file would be very handy.

You can use fine grit sanders on them and it will file the product without causing any more trauma to the natural nail.

You can be so much more precise and file only where required and you are a lot less likely to 'catch' an already badly broken nail

I wish I could explain it better in words, but it is difficult. Have a look at electric files at the next show you go to

Gina xx

Latest posts

Back