Gel v L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemma26

Reaction score
Hi i was just wondering if you you geeks could only choose 1 out of the following acrylics or gel which one would it be and why ?
need to choose one and i cant decide so a bit of help would be appreciated x

I have a bit of a soft spot for gels (think thats because thats the product I started of with), Im only just breaking into arcylics, but most clients come asking for arcylic.

What about fibreglass?

I know a tech who does hardly any gels/arcylics, she feel in love with fibreglass and now thats most of her business. Clients love it. She encourages fisrt time clients to have them and most stick.

Sorry don't mean to hijack debate, just thought I'd throw that one in there to see if anyone uses them

XXX

i have not seen fibreglass on peoples price list for a while but dont know much about them to comment .Would you say gel was easier to apply than acrylics? i think i am swaying to gel but i just dont know what to do there are so many diffrent products out there!

i have not seen fibreglass on peoples price list for a while but dont know much about them to comment .Would you say gel was easier to apply than acrylics? i think i am swaying to gel but i just dont know what to do there are so many diffrent products out there!

This might not "help" , but you may be best having both on your price list , as you will find both acrylics and gels are popular. and if one system doesnt "suit" your client then you can offer ther other system x

I agree with missgiggles to offer both if you can afford to train in both is a good thing. I offer both but originally started with acrylic so i do sway towards that more and I do think more of my clients who have extensions have this.
HTH sorry if it doesnt. It just depends on your location too and what seems to be more popular and what you can afford to train in. Good luck with your decision.

If you want to do both then I would start with acrylic (L&P). It is the more difficult system to master and would be best done over a 4-5 day course to at least get to grips with the basics.
Then after a period of time when you feel confident with acrylic then you could go and do a 1 day course in Gel application.
Doing it the other way round I don't think would work as well.

I have decided to do the foundation liquid and powder with a the 1 day brisa gel conversion with cnd .is brissa a good gel ? is retention l.p and brissa good products to work with ? i hope i have made the right choice i am excited and scared lol x

Yes, you have made a good choice you will get excellent training, the rest is up to you !!
Stick in, study and do as much practise as you can during the course and you will get off to a great start in this industry.
Good Luck :hug:

Latest posts

Back