Gel vs Acrylic for beginners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedAdmiral

Reaction score
Hi Peeps, I just wanted your opinions. I'm writing the section on nails for the new brochure for the college I work in and they have changed from offering ITEC Nail Technology to offering Gel Nails or Gel & Acrylic Nails. I've had words with them about changing from the ITEC but I suspect more money can be generated from them just offering gel nails.............. Anyway it seems they favour students just doing gel but do you think this is enough?
I believe you need to know both and if you only want to provide one system that is upto you. You would have the information about the other system and also would know how to perform it if you HAD to.
What do you all think?

I did both at college and I am glad I did, I did much better in acrylics than I did Gels, which my tutor found strange as most find gels easier. I think learning both has helped me to understand there is more to offer clients. Hope this helps but I am not to sort if it makes sense. lol

I did the ITEC course at college and we learnt both systems. It is definately beneficial to learn both as most tech will have a preference to which system they like to work with, and this comes from using and learning both.
hth:)

Thanks girls I def agree that learning both is needed but I'm not there when the students book in so need to make sure the message comes across in the brochure.
"As a Nail Professional you will be able to advise your client on the differences between acrylic and gel and be able to perform the service that suits their needs. Part 1 of the course focuses on the application of gel a pre-mixed medium that is applied to the nail and set under a u.v light, this system is light and flexible and perfect for beginners. In Part 2 you learn the skilled art of applying Acrylic, a system that uses liquid and powder to sculpt beautiful, strong nails. Acrylic is the perfect system for all clients and once mastered will open up your imagination to endless designs and styles."
This is what I've come up with so far

Sounds great to me very well put. xxx

Latest posts

Back