Gel Vs Acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil Ash

Reaction score
what does everyone do, i went to about 10 salons in southend everyone does gel!!! expect chinises people which i dont want them to touch my nails!:eek:

Is everyone finding they are doing gel? xx

But i dont get on with gel nails they crack all the time for me

Can I just say that all systems are from the acrylic family....even gel.

Buff off Gel nails are very strong IF applied correctly, sometimes people presume that gel is applied like polish...and don't build the product up enough...thats why they crack and break.

I get calls asking do you use gel or acrylic and always explain that i use a acrylic gel as all systems are acrylic...what i don't use is a liquid and powder system.

bagpuss has it right.
check out my gel nails on my blogspot, you will see i am wearing them really long at the moment and i havent broken one for weeks and weeks.
its all about how the technician applies the gel[or for that matter the l/p acrylic] that gives the nail strength.

Thanks for that girls :hug:

I agree with the "it's all acrylic after all" part...

but no matter who tries gel on me, and whatever gel you choose, they cannot stay. after a few hours they've all lifted. hands and feet.

whereas I keep an L&P set with no probs. so it's no only the application

Lil Ash, not all Asians are Chinese .......
And not all Asian staffed nail bars do bad nails.

I do acrylic but fancied doing the gel brisa course to be able to offer it too. I think it's better on toes than acrylic is it nor? Or is acrylic better?

I actually prefer acrylic but it is personal prefernce. what I do get fed up with is pepole coming in saying they want gel nails because acylic ruin your nails!! I try to explain about the tech who does them, taking them off correctly etc but sometimes feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall!!

I do acrylic but fancied doing the gel brisa course to be able to offer it too. I think it's better on toes than acrylic is it nor? Or is acrylic better?

(L&P) Liquid and Powder :!:

and both work well on toes...they are both Acrylic

Latest posts

Back