Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milsy

Reaction score
Hi All, I have recently done a gel course using Shellac and IBD gel polish, but wondered what the difference is between gel polish and coloured soak off gel?

Well i must have asked a really dumb question as bo one has replied to it!!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

There isn't really a difference...some are applied from a pot with a brush, some are applied like a regular nail polish (the cap with the brush on it)...can't think of a better way to describe!?

Have a look at Gigi's sticky thread at the top of the forum, it'll hopefully answer any question you have about Shellac or gel polishes. Just to check though you know that Shellac is not a 'gel'?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thanks so much. Looks like my course confused me more than i was already :)

gel polish does not add any strength to the nail. Coloured gels in the pots add strength as well as colour. So if a client already had long nails I always use a coloured gel as it will strengthen them. I hoped that helped abit.

Lovely thanks for the advice xxx

gel polish does not add any strength to the nail. Coloured gels in the pots add strength as well as colour. So if a client already had long nails I always use a coloured gel as it will strengthen them. I hoped that helped abit.

I totally disagree. Most nails are much stronger with gel polish applied.

Not all "pots" are coloured hard gel (which I think is what you mean), some are soak off gel polish in a pot.

Gel polish isn't as strong as soak off gel (pots) not recommended for use over extensions but very popular and great on natural nails. I offer both and majority of my clients have gelish

I have witnessed totally the opposite - the gel polish I use (Gelish) has definatly added strength to my clients nails. Some have got very thin and bendy nails which used to break all the time - and now with Gelish on they are stronger and do not break. If you are adding a layer of polymerised product it is naturally going to reinforce the nail.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thanks for ur replies much appreciated xxx mwah

Latest posts

Back