Gelac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil lisa

Reaction score
I am looking into using Gelac polish in my salon but not heard a great deal about it. Any feedback would be great, good or bad! I have heard lots about Shellac but am an IBD user and want to keep with the same product range :green:

I am looking into using Gelac polish in my salon but not heard a great deal about it. Any feedback would be great, good or bad! I have heard lots about Shellac but am an IBD user and want to keep with the same product range :green:

Hiya, I know it doesnt help at the mo, but Im doing Gelac training at the weekend, Im beside myself with excitement, will let you know what I think, however, I not really from the nail industry (Im lashes) so have absolutely nothing to compare it to, that could be good and bad, if its easy enough for me to do, then you will be on to a winner :lol:

Ah that's interesting to know. Who are you doing your training with?

My training will be with The Independent Training Academy, Iv done some training with them at my local wholesalers (threading, tinting) but this time I am doing private training :)

My training will be with The Independent Training Academy, Iv done some training with them at my local wholesalers (threading, tinting) but this time I am doing private training :)
Thanks for your help I will look them up! x

hi, hoefully you will have better luck with the gelac than i did. I found it just didnt last on my clients, and it was a faff to use, i ended up switching to shellac and i love it, my clients prefer it and its much better for the nail plate as no buffing is needed, its very straight forward to use and looks loads glossier than the gelac did. and more people have heard of shellac so it attracts alot of attention. but you may get good results with the gelac. everyone is looking for different things in their products, i personally love shellac! good luck. x

Ok so ive got gelac and have tested the red velvet on myself and wasnt impressed tbh. I have very oily nails and they bend like paper so dont do well with polish so i hope it is down to that as it chipped on every finger within 4 days :-(

Have you done the training and if so what are we doing wrong

Hello
Sorry I dont want to be negative but I shall be honest .

I bought into the whole Gelac system and I just didn't work / it always chipped and was a nightmare to remove -?I decided to admit defeat and got shellac - which I am happy to say is nothing short of "miracle polish) it shines like glass and stays on for some way over 2 weeks !!!

Shellac all the way !!!

I too bought the whole gelac system I've never had so many complaints I had to go and remove every single set I did it chipped looked dull only lasted 4 days top I took it back got my money back and now I use shellac I love it it's so glossy way easier to apply and is lasting 2-4 weeks my profit has increased and people are saying it's a miracle amazing product .

I too bought gelac as I use bid gel & wanted to stay with my 'brand' but it was awful loads of faffing about to get it to last longer than 4 days but every bit of advice I followed just didn't stop the chipping so last week I bought gelish & it's so much nicer to work with, easy to apply, goes on well not patchy like gelac & it stays shiney, lasts & is easy to remove after a week I just wanted to try different colours!!

Just try to get my shellac away from me! I dare you! Love it soo much. I use axxium at school... not a fan I have gelac also not a fan. I also have gelish and really like it as well. So for me it is shellac and gelish all the way.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Latest posts

Back