GELeration UV lamp or LED?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyrm

Reaction score
Hi I currently thinking about using GELeration in my salon? Had the rep out today and the product looks straight forward.

If there are any GELeration useres out there how are you getting on with it and how long does it really last on clients?

Is there any other soak off Gels anyone would recommend?

The Rep recommended buying a LED light for curing as apposed to a UV lamp, but the cost difference is really big.

So I am thinking I will go with a UV lamp??

any help and advise would be much appreciated.

I use GELeration, it will last up to three weeks, but by then the natural nail has grown so much you'd want it removed. I bought the uv but wish I'd bought the LED one now as I get bored waiting for the top coat to dry. 2 mins seems like such a long time when you have nothing to do!! Also the bulbs will never need replacing, so in the long run it's probably no more expensive.

I use Gelish. It lasts until it is removed. Every client is different so i say that they can come back when they want to. Some clients are 2 weeks some 4 weeks. You can infill or it is easily removed and the natural nail grows lovely underneath and with regular use i have found the natural nail is stronger. I have used uv light and yes it does add on to your time. I have now got a LCD and its great and cuts down the time so you can do more clients. I would say try it with your uv first see how you get on then when you get busier then get a lcd. (That is if you already have uv. If you need to buy then just go for lcd.)

I too use Gelish and have just had some clients return to me, due to my holidays, after 4 weeks with only regrowth being the problem. GELeration is the same as this so there is no problem with wear at all.

As regards to the lamps. I have the LED lamp and find it cuts the time down tremendously but it does depend on how long you take to apply the product.

Even Gigi here has said that it takes her over the 2 minutes to apply Shellac or Polish to her satisfaction so there is no saving for her in buying the lamp. I don't take 2 minutes so there is a saving for me, I have been able to increase the number of clients due to the shorter time and from acrylic and gel clients swopping to Gelish, therefore my lamp has paid for itself and I am making more profit now than before.

As I said it depends on how long it takes you to apply the product, if you are waiting for your UV lamp to finish then it will save you time.

I agree with Martin about the waiting for the UV, I used my old gel topcoat the other day on a L&P client and it seemed like a lifetime waiting the 2 minutes compared to the 30 seconds of the LED! :green:

I too use Gelish and have just had some clients return to me, due to my holidays, after 4 weeks with only regrowth being the problem. GELeration is the same as this so there is no problem with wear at all.

As regards to the lamps. I have the LED lamp and find it cuts the time down tremendously but it does depend on how long you take to apply the product.

Even Gigi here has said that it takes her over the 2 minutes to apply Shellac or Polish to her satisfaction so there is no saving for her in buying the lamp. I don't take 2 minutes so there is a saving for me, I have been able to increase the number of clients due to the shorter time and from acrylic and gel clients swopping to Gelish, therefore my lamp has paid for itself and I am making more profit now than before.

As I said it depends on how long it takes you to apply the product, if you are waiting for your UV lamp to finish then it will save you time.

I agree with Martin about the waiting for the UV, I used my old gel topcoat the other day on a L&P client and it seemed like a lifetime waiting the 2 minutes compared to the 30 seconds of the LED! :green:
Hiya thanks for your help. out of curiosity what is an L&P client??

I actually have never to my knowledge said it takes me OVER 2 minutes to apply my colour coat .. in fact it takes me about 2 minutes .. I work quite happily within the time frame of my UV Lamp ... happy days!

I agree with all of the above. I have both the UV Lamp and the LED lamp but I find the sets I have done with the LED last longer than the UV lamp but also the soak of is quicker when they return too???

I agree with all of the above. I have both the UV Lamp and the LED lamp but I find the sets I have done with the LED last longer than the UV lamp but also the soak of is quicker when they return too???
That statement makes no sense scientifically at all. If the product is cured, it is cured ... Makes no difference what light source, unless you haven't been using the right UV lamp with your gel and then have started to use a lamp that is made to go with your system.

Liquid and powder my darling, just another name for acrylic :green:

Hi I currently thinking about using GELeration in my salon? Had the rep out today and the product looks straight forward.

If there are any GELeration useres out there how are you getting on with it and how long does it really last on clients?

Is there any other soak off Gels anyone would recommend?

The Rep recommended buying a LED light for curing as apposed to a UV lamp, but the cost difference is really big.

So I am thinking I will go with a UV lamp??

any help and advise would be much appreciated.

Hi. I have a brand new LED lamp which works perfectly with my Geleration products. Please email me: [email protected] for pictures and description. It is beautiful, ergonomic, light. Regards

i use geleration in salon and started using normal uv lamp. our lamps only have 2 uv lights on the top and found it wasn't setting the sides. we have now got a LED lamp and it is pretty good and super fast. it has taken a while to get used to using the geleration but now its ok.
still not too sure about it as i think shellac will always reign supreme as it was the first of its kind!:green:

Latest posts

Back