Gelish advice - white tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curlylisa

Reaction score
Hi

I hope you can all give me some advice. I have been using Gelish for the last couple of months and love it! I am starting to get more people wanting a french manicure and I find that the white can be quite runny and leave streaks once it has been cured. I have tried putting a really thin layer on and also the opposite and putting a decent amount on the brush but I just find it a bit tricky!

Can anyone give me any helpful tips?

Thank you!!!

Its best to apply Sleek White in 2 very thin layers than 1 thick layer. Usually after i apply the second layer, it doesn't look as streaky. Make sure you shake the bottles for a good 30 seconds before application.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

I was taught not to shake.

Sleek White seems to "bleed" on top of other layers, so I've been thought to "dry brush" before applying the white french layer.

I use any of my brushes, clean and dry, and quickly drag is along the layer, either it be Foundation Gel or whatever color you use for your french. Then once I apply the french tip, I use a different dry brush to clean the smile line and anything else that might be "out of place". Cure and then you should be good. I apply a 2nd layer of white tip, clean the smile line if needed and then cure.

Hope this helps!

Its best to apply Sleek White in 2 very thin layers than 1 thick layer. Usually after i apply the second layer, it doesn't look as streaky. Make sure you shake the bottles for a good 30 seconds before application.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

You are not supposed to shake. But roll the bottle in your hands :)

Thanks everyone I'll give it a go! Really appreciate your help!

Hi,

I find if I flash cure each finger for a couple of seconds under the LED, this stops the bleeding, I do this on the first coat, the second coat seems to be ok, I only ever put two coats on and it always looks lovely and white :D

Latest posts

Back