Gelish and suncream/swimming

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumpapple

Reaction score
Hi,
I have had a new client who has been to me twice now. First time she said her nails lasted a day or two before 3 weeks and removed them herself (I believe in the correct way)
2nd time I did it was for her holiday.
She has been using suncream several times a day and swimming lots.
I have done plenty of clients that have been away and not had problems but she said hers lifted after 2 days... I was shocked!
Obviously I'm very disappointed but I don't think it was my application as I'm not having other problems with peoples not lasting.
I just feel a bit stupid and not really sure what to reply. I didn't know if there was a way to back up why this happened, so I explain to her but confused as like I said above I have plenty of holidaying customers that have been fine!
Is it a certain chemical in suncream or something that might be in her particular brand that I could ask her to check?
She's about to go away again for a wedding abroad and was going to have her nails done but has said she'll leave it and maybe try again after as she'll be swimming and applying cream again and can't afford to spend out for them not to last.
Any advice as to what happened? Or what you would say? I feel like I need to explain something but not sure what!
Thanks x

I dont use gelish, i use Bio but I always tell my clients to wash their overlays after applying suncream/mosquito repellant & swimming. This was actually part of our course. Xx

if you read Nail Harmony Gelish aftercare advice its states you should wash your hands after applying suncream and after swimming. Also to be very careful when applying insect repellent.
This is my first holiday since training in Gelish so i'm interested to see how mine will be. x

if you read Nail Harmony Gelish aftercare advice its states you should wash your hands after applying suncream and after swimming. Also to be very careful when applying insect repellent.
This is my first holiday since training in Gelish so i'm interested to see how mine will be. x

Yes I do have my own aftercare sheets which do state this and I do also go through it so I can only assume she did it!

Latest posts

Back