Gelish Black Shadow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albarn

Reaction score
hi has anyone had any problems with black shadow gelish i've noticed when ive used it the last couple of times its wrinkling and just had a client ring to say she has lifting on one finger:confused:

Three THIN coats needed with black shadow. Wrinkling usually means applied too thick.

Black Shadow & Black Cherry Berry are the only 2 colours I've ever had wrinkling & shrinking problems with. Apply them very thin & it can sometimes help to 'lock cure' one finger at a time on the first coat :) xx

ok thanks for that, also the lady said that finger that was lifting was still tacky i'm really confused as wiped them all with cleanse and didnt feel any tacky ness, thanks

yes i noticed a bit of shrinking too!

I'd guess that it's still tacky because it wasn't fully cured, which could either be due to the lamp you're using or because it was applied slightly too thick. You wouldn't necessarily be able to tell that it wasn't cured until you get the lifting & peeling off xx

ok thats great maybe they were slightly thick then, i did a lady who they lasted 2 weeks on with the black shadow and no signs of lifting or chipping so this threw me a bit today, thanks

This is a strange one for me, when I first started using Gelish my Black Shadow was very, very thin & I needed 3 coats, sometimes 4 I could even apply thicker & never ever wrinkled. However iv recently ordered a new one, the consistency is much thicker & iv had wrinkling on my own yesterday so now need to be super super thin & I'm still finding I need 3 coats!! Strange???!

i have it on my nails which i did yesterday so is probably thicker as applying myself and mine is fine, so i really dont understand x.

Three THIN coats needed with black shadow. Wrinkling usually means applied too thick.

Perfect advice! Don't forget to cap!

yes thanks i did cap twice on some of them they still shrunk x

I've used black shadow & only use 2 coats & havent had any wrinkling mine is a thickish consistancy

Latest posts

Back