Gelish black shadow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shazapoppy

Reaction score
Hi
Ive just completed ( eventually) a set of gelish black shadow / silver rockstar and feel the need to sit in a darkened room.

I know black shadow can be tricky to work with but it wasn't curing at the cuticle of both little fingers and thumbs, I know it was the finger placement as i am careful to cover all the colour with TIO, but it never happens with other colours apart from standout once. I use the 6g led.

Thank goodness those awkward sets only happen occassionally my nerves would be frazzled!
1386279571313.jpg
Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

How did u do the snow flakes??

Hi
Ive just completed ( eventually) a set of gelish black shadow / silver rockstar and feel the need to sit in a darkened room.

I know black shadow can be tricky to work with but it wasn't curing at the cuticle of both little fingers and thumbs, I know it was the finger placement as i am careful to cover all the colour with TIO, but it never happens with other colours apart from standout once. I use the 6g led.

Thank goodness those awkward sets only happen occassionally my nerves would be frazzled!
View attachment 49672

I used to use the gelish 6g but i was having problems curing darker colours.
I've now got a CND lamp and it does the job perfectly. All this led is faster is all well and good but i can't paint that fast, so i just keep the 6g for nail art and single nails etc.

My black shadow is perfect consitency BTW no probs at all x

Good job btw xxx

I've found this happens sometimes too and find if I use a thicker base coat it doesn't tend to shrink at the sides as much. Xx

I used to use the gelish 6g but i was having problems curing darker colours.
I've now got a CND lamp and it does the job perfectly. All this led is faster is all well and good but i can't paint that fast, so i just keep the 6g for nail art and single nails etc.

My black shadow is perfect consitency BTW no probs at all x

Good job btw xxx

Hi Claire
My black shadow is one of the first I bought about 18 months ago and had always been thin, Harmony may have improved it so id be interested to hear from other geeks if recent ones they've purchased are any thicker.

Im sorry I didn't get the 18g, I do see your point in painting times, but I would find it do hard to go back to uv, I think it's more physiological lol.x

I've found this happens sometimes too and find if I use a thicker base coat it doesn't tend to shrink at the sides as much. Xx

Its hard to go against the grain with thin thin thin, but I may try that on myself. X

Latest posts

Back