Gelish Black Shadow - different consistency?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loulabelle79

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm starting out in nails and have bought a few items from a local lady who is no longer offering Gelish, it's mainly been tools that I've bought however the black shadow that I've got from her seems to be very runny and really difficult to apply and totally unlike any other colour I have (I usually buy from Sally's). Has anyone come across this before with black shadow or have I been sold a dud? Wanted to check with you guys in the know before I go back to her.
Thanks,
Louise

Hi, black shadow is quite runny, I find it best to do 3 really thin coats to build up the colour. 2 thicker coats can crinkle quite easily. If it pulls back quick then do 2 or 3 nails before curing the first layer. A few of their other colours are like this but most are fine. I love gelish :)

LolliDolli💋

Thanks Lolli, maybe it's just me then! Will try again! I love Gelish too! 😍

My Black Shadow is like that as well but it's also sooooo seethrough... I've almost stopped using it because it takes like 4-5 coats to get a deep black:/

Oh I'm so glad (not in a bad way!!) that its not just mine and its not a duff one! I will persevere with it!!

I think that's just what it's like tbh. A few of the purples are the same. Though iv never needed more than 3. 4/5 would be so frustrating! You can usually do the second and third layers slightly thicker. Also putting a thin layer of structure gel on (before top it off) works a treat at evening out colours and hiding any imperfections such as crinkling :)

LolliDolli💋

Hi geeks we all have the same problem but alas!! I have found the answer! Lol I usea dark gray which is so opaque that one layer is fine under one layer of black shadow. Voila :)

I always do one coat of jet set then 2 black shadow x

Hi geeks we all have the same problem but alas!! I have found the answer! Lol I usea dark gray which is so opaque that one layer is fine under one layer of black shadow. Voila :)

Which grey do you use? X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Fashion week chic xx

I HATE Black Shadow!! Takes 4 or 5 coats to cover and I cringe if anyone asks for black! Will try Jetset underneath, sounds like a plan!

Latest posts

Back