Gelish colours for the older client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diddy_emma

Reaction score
Evening geeks..... ;)

My current clientele the bolder & brighter colours, so I have been catering for them.......However, I'm soon to start renting space in a hair salon and know that they have a few "older" ladies who are very interested in the Gelish treatments I offer and have absolutely no idea about colours for them. Hair dresser mentioned shimmery nude shades, shimmery pinks or browns.
Does anyone know any Gelish shades they currently use that go down well with these ladies.....?

Thanks guys xxxx

A common mistake you can make is to assume your older clients will want different colours to that of your younger clientele.

Most of my clients are older than me (and I'm not that young lol) and they never cease to amaze me when it comes to the colours they choose.

If I had to pick some popular ones though, I'd have to go with

She's my beauty
Exhale
Glamour queen
Rendezvous
Rose garden
Hot rod red
My forbidden love

Hope that helps

:hug:

Oh yea absolutely!! I know they may well look at my collection and decide on what I already have but I'd like to be prepared for any that really aren't into the brights & bolds :)
I'd feel gutted for them if they got excited about having their nails done but didn't like any of the shades I had to offer.........

Thanks for the colour list, that's awesomely helpful :D

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh yea absolutely!! I know they may well look at my collection and decide on what I already have but I'd like to be prepared for any that really aren't into the brights & bolds :)
I'd feel gutted for them if they got excited about having their nails done but didn't like any of the shades I had to offer.........

Thanks for the colour list, that's awesomely helpful :D

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Very true. These are the colours popular with my clients, but yours may be different. Your service provider will let you know the most popuar colours, so don't be afraid to ask when you place your order.

The very best of luck by the way. I used to rent a space in a hair salon and it was the busiest time of my career... be prepared to be nice and busy ;)

Oh thank you, never thought to ask the supplier, always seen them as just the people that take my order.......

Ah bless you, thanks. It's taken a while for me to take the plunge as I work full time and do nails part time but I think I'm ready.......Well I hope I am anyway! :D

Thanks again hun! xxxx

Hi diddy emma, for what its worth here's my two-penneth!!

A large proportion of my clientele are 55+, I do Shellac so can't give colour names but can help with shades.

The ones which my older clients ask for again and again are medium and pale pearly pinks, pearly peach, barely there shimmer, matt Barbie pink, pillar box red and a matt browny/pink colour.

Hope this helps a bit! Then again, they do sometimes surprise you and this week I did a green/yellow pastel ombre on an elderly ladies hands - so who knows!!

Oh thank you, never thought to ask the supplier, always seen them as just the people that take my order.......

Ah bless you, thanks. It's taken a while for me to take the plunge as I work full time and do nails part time but I think I'm ready.......Well I hope I am anyway! :D

Thanks again hun! xxxx

You're ready... I can tell! :) xxx

You're ready... I can tell! :) xxx

Ah, you're too sweet. Thanks babe!! :D

Thank you blossom........! Very helpful <3 xxx

My older clients love tutti fruitti and light elegant. Hope that helps xx

My older clients like glamour queen and passion with and with out izzy wizzy on top :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you m'lovelies!! Tutti Frutti looks perfect!!
Izzy wizzy is amazing, I can use that to tweak colours too which helps a lot.........

Thanks guys! :D xxxxx

Latest posts

Back