Gelish cracking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandy2986

Reaction score
What does it mean when Gelish appears cracked on the nail? I had a client who came in 3 weeks after her last gel application, who had some of her gelish peeled off (was honest and told me she did it).. but she told me on one of the nails it had appeared like the Gelish was cracked...:irked:

Not going to be much help on this as I'm not sure what causes it and not experienced it but would be interested to know. I had this happen on a set of soak off gel extensions and I'd used a high gloss top cost, I think it was the top coat that cracked x

If you're using The full system and haven't applied a hard gel top coat then I would think your client has perhaps been biting at her nails or smashed them against something.

I've never experienced Gelish cracking.

I have a shellac client with this problem. She has bendy nails. Best thing I find is keeping them short and doing an extra top coat.

I had gelish that appeared to have "cracked" on a couple of a client's nails. I just put it down to the colour, as it was Pink Smoothie, and I had read a few bad reports of that colour on here. If anyone has any other ideas on what it could be though I'd be interested to hear, as I stopped offering pink smoothie after that.

Shellac does that on me, however, Gelish has only done it once, but since wearing Gelish my nails are nowhere near as bendy as they used to be xxx

Just noticed your in California..

only on one client have they reported that her gelish seem quite brittle and cracking and didnt last as long..

upon further investigation, as i knew she had just come back from carribean.. she hadnt used her cuticle oil as advised.. and also been diving for most of the holiday..

Sarah x

I have been searching for weeks for the answer as to why my gel manicure cracks every single time, and this is the closest I have come to finding anyone who was even having the same experience. I bought the Gelish soak off starter kit, and for the white tips (only like french manicures) I saw the bottle of Gelish French white (just noticed today for the first time that the box says Hard Gel), so I got that. I do have very thin nails, and am finding that the shorter I keep them, the less the cracking, but it still happens. I'm very good about keeping them out of water. I bought the structure gel, and found that they seemed to crack sooner! So the question is, is the cracking because I am using the soak off products for the foundation and top coat, but the hard gel for the white? Has anyone come up with a successful solution for people that have this constant cracking problem?

I have been searching for weeks for the answer as to why my gel manicure cracks every single time, and this is the closest I have come to finding anyone who was even having the same experience. I bought the Gelish soak off starter kit, and for the white tips (only like french manicures) I saw the bottle of Gelish French white (just noticed today for the first time that the box says Hard Gel), so I got that. I do have very thin nails, and am finding that the shorter I keep them, the less the cracking, but it still happens. I'm very good about keeping them out of water. I bought the structure gel, and found that they seemed to crack sooner! So the question is, is the cracking because I am using the soak off products for the foundation and top coat, but the hard gel for the white? Has anyone come up with a successful solution for people that have this constant cracking problem?

You are using two different systems and this is bound to cause a problem. Use Gelish Sheek White Soak Off Gel for your white tips and you shouldn't have any problems.

If you do a gel overlay on white tips, sometimes you will see surface cracks on the gel if the white tip is too shiney. A white tip should be lightly buffed before any overlay is applied.

I do many clients a week and I have never seen cracked Gelish in either the hard or the soak off version.

To the OP. Since your client had gone three weeks, she needed an reapplication anyway. She also did not allow you to see the "cracks". Who knows what she meant?

That was it!!! Thank you for your help. :)

Latest posts

Back