Gelish, do I persevere?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JennyL

Reaction score
I have been using Gelish for a few years now, I have 70+ colours. When I first started using them the colours were easy to use with only a couple of coats needed, then the consistency got thinner and now recently the colours are really thick - really hard to work with! I have 2 colours from the love in bloom range and I have not been 100% happy with any of my applications. I have just received the S2 glossy brochure and I am now wondering - did I back the right horse? I have started using the Brisa Lite sculpting gel and I find personally the product is so much easier to work with than the GHG... Maybe I am just having a down moment?xx

Jenny I rang my local distributor today & gelish are making the newer colours with more pigments so ticker consistency. I were advised to apply the first coat with a normal gel brush ultra thin so the first colour coat is almost see through then each coat after with the normal polish brush needs to be thin also. xx

They advised me to warm them up first (between your legs, on a radiator or in a cup of hot water) this thins them out to a better consistency. Hope this helps x

Oh, that's interesting. Will try that on my next client and see if that helps :) thanks for your reply xxx

They advised me to warm them up first (between your legs, on a radiator or in a cup of hot water) this thins them out to a better consistency. Hope this helps x

I tried this today with my client, I put it under my heated mitts - but still didn't find it made that much difference! I used sweet morning dew - lovely colour though xx

Also as other geeks have said, add a drop of top coat to thin out the consistency .

Also as other geeks have said, add a drop of top coat to thin out the consistency .

It does seem a bit crazy that we can't just paint from the bottle and we have to start creating our own mixtures!! I also tried this too, but to make a difference I had to put them both on foil and use quite a bit of TIO. Thanks for your reply though xxx

Oohhhhhh, don't get me started! I have complained everywhere I can think of about the new colors, including Harmony. Check out the threads on Gelish and love in bloom, it's full of complaints. I don't feel I have to sit on my polish like I'm hatching an egg! I brought a professional product and I damn we'll want it to apply like one.

I have started using the Brisa Lite sculpting gel and I find personally the product is so much easier to work with than the GHG... Maybe I am just having a down moment?xx

You can't really compare GHG to Brisa Lite, they are different products. GHG to Brisa, or Gelish Structure to Brisa Lite Smoothing maybe.

I must be one of the few that prefer the thicker consistency of the new Gelish ranges like Shadows, Holiday and Love in Bloom. I love it when a client chooses one of them because I know its just two coats for complete uniform coverage. I have only had one problem and that is with He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not changing colour.

Turning the bottles upside down and rolling them between my hands is the only tip I can give that seems to work for me.

I haven't got the Love in Bloom collection, don't think my clients would like them but I too like the thicker colours like Queen of Hearts and the Sizzling Summer ones. They all cover well in 2 coats.

JuicyLucy - I know GHG and Brisa Lite are not completely comparable, what with GHG being a buff off and Brisa Lite soaking off but the workability of Brisa Lite is a lot easier - so I wonder if their normal Brisa range would be worth looking at for extra strength as I prefer the workability of Brisa Lite. Thank you for your reply though xx

I haven't got the Love in Bloom collection, don't think my clients would like them but I too like the thicker colours like Queen of Hearts and the Sizzling Summer ones. They all cover well in 2 coats.

Queen of Hearts and the Sizzling Summer ranges are a dream to work with in comparison to the new collections xxx

Has anyone had any issues with removal of Love in bloom collection? I wrapped for 10 mins & it still didn't budge!!

Has anyone had any issues with removal of Love in bloom collection? I wrapped for 10 mins & it still didn't budge!!

I've actually found them easier to remove!

JuicyLucy - I know GHG and Brisa Lite are not completely comparable, what with GHG being a buff off and Brisa Lite soaking off but the workability of Brisa Lite is a lot easier - so I wonder if their normal Brisa range would be worth looking at for extra strength as I prefer the workability of Brisa Lite. Thank you for your reply though xx

I don't know as I've never used Brisa or Brisa Lite. But I'm sure someone will come on here (who hasn't used GHG) and tell you that Brisa is better :D.

Can you buy a Brisa sample kit to try? Not forgetting, of course, that you need the CND lamp.

Personally never used anything but CND Shellac and wouldn't consider anything else. There's no need to double cure darker coats, no need for me to apply 3 colour coats (unless layering) always come out a great colour with only two coats. No need to have 1000+ colours as clients can't even decide on the range now! Great customer service from sweet squared, thousands of awards for solar oil, polishes, shellac ect, clients ask for it by name, no buffing nails = no nail damage, soak off in 8 mins. Unbeatable shine, easy application, Yes as you can tell I am a CND girl.

I use gelish at mo am thinking of getting a few colours from cnd got the glitters use scrub fresh, cuticle away already and must admit cnd are brill when it comes to delivery and stock where as gelish tend to run out of stock, would love to do cnd course but haven't the funds at mo may have to start saving :)

I do have the CND lamp and also currently use all their prep products. I don't know, I must admit I have tried the sweet dew with a normal gel brush and that worked a lot easier :) I am hoping any new ranges will be more like the Christmas colours as they were nice and easy to use xx

Oohhhhhh, don't get me started! I have complained everywhere I can think of about the new colors, including Harmony. Check out the threads on Gelish and love in bloom, it's full of complaints. I don't feel I have to sit on my polish like I'm hatching an egg! I brought a professional product and I damn we'll want it to apply like one.

This is such a true statement! Im sick of having to 'fix' professional products.one is too thin the next too thick and the company just blub us with excuses. .. really considering moving to shellac!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I'm going to start switching over to Shellac when the LED lamp comes out.

Latest posts

Back