Gelish French without pink?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rach Dilks

Reaction score
Hi I have a new client who really does not like pink with her French is there a way I could do it just clear with base and topcoat etc.

Don't think so. You can buy Simple Sheer (from memory) which comes in the French 3 bottle kit. It's just that - clear

I have done before. Just use a layer of structure gel over foundation and put you white on top. Then top it off as normal.

Laura xx

Ah sorry, I thought just using the foundation and white before TIO was the question.
This wouldn't work well due to the foundation application.

Ah sorry, I thought just using the foundation and white before TIO was the question.
This wouldn't work well due to the foundation application.

Yes that's right. Thanks I'll order ASAP :)

I use simple sheer it's not pinky just clear :)

There's no reason why you can't :) i do my clear french mani's this way. foundation,cure, apply the white,cure and then topcoat

There's no reason why you can't :) i do my clear french mani's this way. foundation,cure, apply the white,cure and then topcoat

Ooh I'll give it a go then

you cant use the white immediately after the foundation simply because you will over cure the foundation layer which will effect the longevity of the product, as the ladies have said either simply sheer which looks lovely and shiney or structure gel . You cannot over cure gelish colours but you can over cure foundation gel. hope that helps xxx
Rachel x

I was taught you can put the white over foundation and have been doing so for over 2years and never had service breakdown. :/ All my ladies have over three weeks wear

I was taught you can put the white over foundation and have been doing so for over 2years and never had service breakdown. :/ All my ladies have over three weeks wear

Might just give them a ring as want to be sure. I have always used pink on all my other clients or ambience.

Might just give them a ring as want to be sure. I have always used pink on all my other clients or ambience.
Rach im a gelish educator.. no need xx hope this helps just telling you what I know . Simply sheer is the way forward, if you don't have any breakdown great but I get a smoother finish with a colour first xx

Last edited:
maybe I should change that to I wouldn't instead of you can t .. just to be sure of not over curing foundation xx

Best get my order in then 😃

I hate using pink with my french, I just use base, color and top. Never had any issues ever and love the crystal clear look.

Attachments

• 1390063761852.jpg
    1390063761852.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 155
I was told in gelish training not to over cure the foundation layer. Hence using structure before white.

Laura xx

Latest posts

Back