Gelish/gel polish removal methods

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gold_R

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have read nearly every post on Gelish removal I've tried nearly everything soaking in a bowl, wrapping, changes the cotton wool to small cotton balls, using magi wraps, using heated mitts.. nothing is working. Today I've had 3 soak off and applications which has taken me 2 hours each! The magi wraps are not working for me they are just soaking up all the remover and the nail is dry and chalky again nothing budging! I see all the pictures and people saying they have no problem with removal, my foundation isn't overly thick it's as if it's not penetrating and getting into the nail, I buff thoroughly with an 100/180 grit file!
If anyone has any wonderful methods please let me know due to redo mine this eve!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a 180 grit file to take the shine off one nail.
wrap remover soaked magis wrap on the nail then move on to the next finger.
By the time I've done all 10 the first is ready to come off. Then I prep that one nail up to cleanse then do the same for the rest. It cut my time down as the other nails are soaking while you prep the others if that makes sense. x

It may not be your removal that is the problem, it maybe your application.

Your foundation layer must be THIN. And I mean thinny, thin thin! Wipe the brush on the neck of the bottle multiple times until there appears to be none on the brush. Then wipe the merest film of foundation on the nail, making sure it is thinny thin thin! People often describe it as "scrubbing it it" because it's not like painting it on at all.

The above is my toppest top tip. Here are a few more.

Before removal, buff the surface to break the seal.

I did not get on with Magi wraps. I get on a lot better with my own version. I use hairdressers foil cut to a size similar to Magi, then cut a square of a facial cotton pad, split it in half and use that on the foil just like a Magi pad. This will absorb more remover than a Magi wrap and works much better.

I stopped using primer when I had removal issues (before I found the thinny thin thin foundation technique) and I find it unnecessary. So try without. Some clents may still need primer if they have peeling issues.

Make sure you are using genuine Gelish. Accept no immitations (which, I hear, can be hellish to remove).

Hope this helps you.

Thankyou so much what a lovely in depth answer Thankyou for taking time out to help me! Mine took ages to soak off last night got more in a minute to do I'm going to try thinny thin thin! Thankyou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I apply my foundation by wiping the brush until there is nothing on it. I then dab the brush on each nail. Then I get a clean acrylic brush and scrub it in. At first I thought it was never going to work as there was virtually nothing on the nail and everyone was going to lift. They didn't! Removal is now a pleasure! I can do off and on in 45/50 minutes 😁

Are I sure its genuine products ur using?

Latest posts

Back