Gelish, Gelicure, Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lady_mai

Reaction score
Hi all, simple question really to any nail technician who are trained in 2 or all of the above.. what is the difference? positives and negaitives of each.
Iv just learnt Gelicure and like it but dont find it that hard its quite a natural soft layer. Was thinking of training in shellac or gelish

thank you!

Hello :)

There are lots of threads on all of the above products. I've not bee here for long but I've seen a lot of them. You can use the search facility on this site although I do find it a bit temperamental and usually just search this site through Google. e.g. "shellac site:www.salongeek.com".

You may have to do a search on each individually to get the whole story though.

hth x

Last edited:
I'm a Gelish girl through and through and I love it!

I have just ordered 12 new Gelicure colours, i love it, as do my clients xx

Hi I have just trained with both recently they are different products, gelish is a gel polish and shellac is a power polish, I love them both

Tracy x

Hi, I use both Shellac and Gelish
I find Shellac more bouncy if that is the right word, where Gelish is a harder finish. I like the fact that Shellac I can dint and it returns to shape.
Both are great:)

I love this site.

I'm a new shellac customer - first ever manicure last Friday, and I'm very impressed, but what impresses me more is how professional and knowledgable you all are.

I'd like to try gellish at some point too - just to compare, but for now I'm loving my deep pink, shiney nails :)

Janice

Gelish all the way it's amazing ! :)

Gelicure all the way! X x x

Latest posts

Back