Gelish help, discoloured gel colour!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DollyMollys

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Please help!

I did a clients nails on Thursday. We repaired her two middle fingers with some acrylic over a base coat because she wanted to keep some length to two broken nails (she agreed, she signed a disclaimer, it's all fine.)

However..... She's messaged me today and said her nails have changed colour!! You'll see in the photo below that her acrygel middle nails are fine and the colour they should be!

She said she's not done any cleaning. And she's away on holiday now. She said the colour change started on Friday/Saturday before she flew and now it's like that.

I did her mums and her friends (both short nails) they are were darker colours (red & shellac field fox). There's no chips & look good still apparently.

Please help!!!

Dolly x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1473012906.470109.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1473012927.907719.jpg

What colour is it supposed to be?

Has she been using sun cream and not washing her hands? This can cause gel to discolour

She's said she left for holiday on Sunday and it started on Friday/Saturday. So it's not even really seen the sun?

I just don't get it.

Also, it's Gelish Go Girl.

Go girl is a known fader. Mine used to fade but since I bought a new bottle it's been fine so I thought they had solved the problem.

Do you have structure gel?
A layer of structure gel over the top of the colour will stop it fading if you use it in the future x

Why did it not fade on the nails with acrygel? Does anyone know the science?

Yeah I have structure gel. So I'll do that from now on. Maybe I should have used it on her anyway because of her long nails? I did a double top coat instead as her nails are pretty healthy.

Are chips with that length nail pretty common? I do always tell my ladies if they insist on keeping them longer, then they're more likely to get caught and chip and I can't guarantee the length of the service.

So you used 'acrygel' under the colour but after foundation?

I have clients with really long natural nails and they never chip. As long as they use cuticle oil to keep it flexible then there shouldn't be any chipping problems.

Yep 1 coat of structure gel over The colour will stop it fading. I have no idea why lol but it works. Either that or another clear gel polish like simple sheer, Vegas nights etc

Yeah on the two middle fingers, I sprinkled acrylic over a base coat to keep her two broken nails in place. She literally didn't want to have them all shortened & shaped. Those ones have all stayed the right colour haha.

I think if you look closely on her index finger the nail is jagged where she's caught it. Is that my fault or hers?
I hate when ladies nails chip :(

Yeah on the two middle fingers, I sprinkled acrylic over a base coat to keep her two broken nails in place. She literally didn't want to have them all shortened & shaped. Those ones have all stayed the right colour haha.

I think if you look closely on her index finger the nail is jagged where she's caught it. Is that my fault or hers?
I hate when ladies nails chip :(

Yeah that's weird, can't help you with that one lol.

Can't really see on my phone but just make sure you really drum aftercare into clients. And they need to realise that their nails are their responsibility when they leave you as they are always quick to blame someone even when they caused the problem themselves when something goes wrong. x

Latest posts

Back