Gelish lasting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauz012

Reaction score
Hi I'm just wondering I have recently brought gelish into my salon and I have noticed majority of people it's lasts perfectly on and some it doesn't it always disheartens me to hear someone's nails havent lasted could there be a reason why it doesn't last as long on some people I do everything exactly the same thanks

Hi I'm just wondering I have recently brought gelish into my salon and I have noticed majority of people it's lasts perfectly on and some it doesn't it always disheartens me to hear someone's nails havent lasted could there be a reason why it doesn't last as long on some people I do everything exactly the same thanks

My clients are lasting 2+ weeks. My last friend had hers on for 4 weeks and it was perfect. Mine lasts long too but I change it a lot because I get bored. Lol.

I would imagine if you are sure you are doing the exact same then it must be the clients lifestyle that is causing a problem. Some people are just not as careful with their manicure. ;) Don't let it get to you. Maybe just ask them some questions when they come back. Like if they use cuticle oil, wear gloves when working with hot water or chemicals or even if they are pickers.

Hope this helps.

9 / 10 it's the clients aftercare. I have regulars who repeatedly come back and only 1 comes back once a week as its 'chipped' . I was distraught when she text me this but it's turns out she had been cleaning all the brushes (scrubbing with hwt nails too :-/ )in the hair salon she works with no gloves on and hands are in water all day with no gloves on. She laughs and says its my fault I don't wear gloves but loves her gelish and even brought me new clientele, as she loves how long it lasts and how her nails grow.

I have printed an aftercare sheet to give to clients so they can get the most out of their manicure x
HTH

Latest posts

Back