Gelish Matte Top It Off - oil or no oil after?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perrenialpear

Reaction score
I used Gelish Matte TIO for the first time on client yesterday. We were admiring the matte effect and took a photo before applying nourish cuticle oil. Then I applied oil and the too was no longer matte but shiny from the oil. The client seemed disappointed so I told her once the oil absorbed it would go matte again. She wanted it matte before she left so I applied cleanser again to remove the oil. What do those who use the matte TIO do at end of service, oil or no oil? Photos below before and after oil
2yvynyry.jpg
utyby7es.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still use the oil but take extra care to avoid the nail and just rub it downwards into the cuticle.
Although saying that it's obviously going to dry in. God I hate fussy clients. Tell her to get a grip 😂 (jk)! X

Thanks glittergirl91, will try that next time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had exactly the same, she was really disappointed, I can understand tho. I don't oil now, I explain why, it's not worth the risk, I like people to leave happy!

I oil and then wipe over the nail with a dry wipe getting any excess off and explain once the oil absorbs or they wash their hands etc they will see the matte effect again x

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 3

Can you use nust the matte top coat over any Gelish colour? Or do you need the base coat as well? X

I have just bought this and found i needed two coats as the first one looked streaky! Has anyone else found this? Any tips on how to apply this would be great as im not impressed so far. I see what you mean about the oil aswell! :-(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back