Gelish Mint Icing and Garden Teal Party?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiggerlady

Reaction score
Am def going to get one of these colours, but cant make my mind up! Would anyone have a picture of these two side by side or in the same sort of lighting conditions please? I have looked on google images and its very confusing as the lighting varies so wildly in the pictures!! I know GTP is crème and M I is a shimmer..that alone may persuade me 'cos I do like a shimmer!! Thank you x

Garden Teal Party is not out in the UK yet. Should be this month. Not sure about the US though.

I have mint icing and have used it less than 5 times. I dont like it myself and unfortunately neither do my clients :(

I've found mint icing really fades!

Mint Icing is more of a see through glitter, its not a solid colour. Like others have said it really fades over the space of the 2 weeks. I didn't like it, and ended up selling it in the end.

You'd probably be better off waiting for Garden Teal Party. I have Mint Icing, I'm not sure if I've ever used it. As others have said, it is see through glitter type, I might try layering it on other opaque greens I have.

What is it with the gelish colours fading? It seems to be loads of them that do it and its really making me lose confidence in gelish now!! It makes me wary about buying any new ones. Do all the gel polishes have fading issues of only gelish?

I just sold my mint icing as none of my clients liked it. I have to say it wasn't one of the faders though x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

Go girl is the main one i found fades and its a shame as i love it. Other brands also fade im told so not just gelish - dont lose faith :biggrin: Its something to do with the pigments in most pinks apparently. I never brought mint icing but love the look of the new greens in love in bloom x

My princess tiara has faded also, I can't use either of those two now, its so annoying grrr. X

yse8u7uq.jpg
This was taken from another thread. X

What is it with the gelish colours fading? It seems to be loads of them that do it and its really making me lose confidence in gelish now!! It makes me wary about buying any new ones. Do all the gel polishes have fading issues of only gelish?

I just sold my mint icing as none of my clients liked it. I have to say it wasn't one of the faders though x

Lots of other brands seem to have fading issues, if you do a search you will find complaints about all.

Apparently, there is some kind of problem the manufacturer's have when trying to meet EU standards for ingredients. These colours apparently do not fade in the US!

I remember seeing a Watchdog programme a while ago where Dulux Paints were having problems with their Brilliant White discolouring quickly. This was only true for batches made to meet EU standards where they had to miss out a particular ingredient.

Interesting, but not too helpful for us in the UK. If you send any bottles you have back to Harmony, they will replace them apparently. I had to send back a couple of bottles of Nubar Gelicure for this reason too.

yse8u7uq.jpg
This was taken from another thread. X

Oooohh! I love these. I searched but couldn't find the thread. Would you post a link please? I haven't found them for sell yet.

Oooohh! I love these. I searched but couldn't find the thread. Would you post a link please? I haven't found them for sell yet.

I can't post a link as on phone but it was in the 'what gelish colours thread' I think the photo was taken from purseblog and assuming there from the US as I'm sure there not realised in the UK yet. x

I can't post a link as on phone but it was in the 'what gelish colours thread' I think the photo was taken from purseblog and assuming there from the US as I'm sure there not realised in the UK yet. x

Thanks i'll check out purseblog

Lots of other brands seem to have fading issues, if you do a search you will find complaints about all.

Apparently, there is some kind of problem the manufacturer's have when trying to meet EU standards for ingredients. These colours apparently do not fade in the US!

I remember seeing a Watchdog programme a while ago where Dulux Paints were having problems with their Brilliant White discolouring quickly. This was only true for batches made to meet EU standards where they had to miss out a particular ingredient.

Interesting, but not too helpful for us in the UK. If you send any bottles you have back to Harmony, they will replace them apparently. I had to send back a couple of bottles of Nubar Gelicure for this reason too.
My goodness! You are a bundle of knowledge. You'd be great in a pub quiz. :biggrin:
I've had to return a couple and Harmony were fantastic. So helpful. It is very unfortunate. Id like a list of colours that fade to make things easier. Not sure if Harmony would appreciate it right enough.

I wouldn't get Mint Icing... I have used it once and it is awful. Don't waste your money. None of my clients like it and they are pretty good with colour choice x

Thank you ladies..looks like I will have to wait for GTP then..although it does seem to be definitely teal and not turquoisey, which tbh is what I was after, but hey ho...

Oh I'm I the only one that likes mint icing ? :0(
I've never had problems with it fading and find it good for layering also

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360268363.677415.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360268363.677415.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 986
Oh I'm I the only one that likes mint icing ? :0(
I've never had problems with it fading and find it good for layering also

How do you layer it? x

i.e. with which colours x

Last edited:
How do you layer it? x