Gelish nightmare so switching to CND, help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catslat

Reaction score
Hi
I’ve just done my gel nail training and I am having a nightmare with Gelish peeling off , I’ve watched every video on how best to apply but just not working for me .... so undeterred I am switching to CND but I don’t want to spend lots kindly let me know your staple colours just to start me off and any tips thanks x

CND have a new shellac range called shellac luxe coming out beginning of July you may want to wait for that x

CND have a new shellac range called shellac luxe coming out beginning of July you may want to wait for that x
Thank you

Hi
I’ve just done my gel nail training and I am having a nightmare with Gelish peeling off , I’ve watched every video on how best to apply but just not working for me .... so undeterred I am switching to CND but I don’t want to spend lots kindly let me know your staple colours just to start me off and any tips thanks x
Really ? I’m converting from shellac to gelbottle as shellac isn’t strong enough for my ladies . I’ve used loads of gelish love it
However hot pop pink, desert poppy , city scape, Hollywood , cerulean sea some of my favs from cnd x

Really ? I’m converting from shellac to gelbottle as shellac isn’t strong enough for my ladies . I’ve used loads of gelish love it
However hot pop pink, desert poppy , city scape, Hollywood , cerulean sea some of my favs from cnd x
The only thing I can think of is my led lamp it’s a mylee from amazon maybe that’s the problem , may I ask which lamp you use to get great results thank you

Yes I’m sure that maybe the problem I would advise use the correct lamp with gelish . I use my cnd uv as it cures shellac and gel polish . Not all lamps will cure shellac .
Use the full system for the best results ! Believe me I’ve scrimped on cheaper lamps and it’s not worth it x

Hi

Without sounding rude, if it’s something you are doing wrong then changing brands isn’t going to help you. You are just going to waste money.

Who did you train with, can you not call them and tell them you need extra help x

If I may be so bold, I would suggest you not switch brands until you solve the problem, otherwise you are likely to have the same problem with the new brand and have wasted a lot of time and money. Peeling gel polish is almost always a curing problem and since you are not using the correct lamp for Gelish, I would guess that's where the problem is. It really is important to use the proper lamp. Rather than spending hundreds of dollars/pounds/euros on a new system, spend $199 to get the right lamp and see if it makes a difference.

Without sounding rude, if it’s something you are doing wrong then changing brands isn’t going to help you. You are just going to waste money.

Who did you train with, can you not call them and tell them you need extra help x
Thank you what good advice x

If I may be so bold, I would suggest you not switch brands until you solve the problem, otherwise you are likely to have the same problem with the new brand and have wasted a lot of time and money. Peeling gel polish is almost always a curing problem and since you are not using the correct lamp for Gelish, I would guess that's where the problem is. It really is important to use the proper lamp. Rather than spending hundreds of dollars/pounds/euros on a new system, spend $199 to get the right lamp and see if it makes a difference.
Thank you so much x

Thank you x

im gonna go with experience issues, you just have to slog on, get a hundred applications behind you, we were all disasters when we started! scrape that base on as thin as you can, make sure nail prep is anal, and if you have to go three thin coats of colour what odds! you will get there but it does take time! x

T
im gonna go with experience issues, you just have to slog on, get a hundred applications behind you, we were all disasters when we started! scrape that base on as thin as you can, make sure nail prep is anal, and if you have to go three thin coats of colour what odds! you will get there but it does take time! x
thank you for your kind words , I’ve invested in a gelish 18g lamp and will keep practicing!

Latest posts

Back