Gelish on Brisa Lite sculpting gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jigily

Reaction score
Hi ladies. As above really, can Gelish colours be used on Brisa Lite Sculpting gel or other companies products. I'm not currently providing either but am doing a lot of thinking of which way to go. Love the idea of a soak off hard gel & I know of course that Shellac can be used over this but was wondering as there are very good reports on this site with regard to Gelish colours.

Also, what sort of charge per service could i realistically ask for a complete Gelish service as a home based nail tech.

I'm currently using Bio Sculpture with led lamp. Overlays & sculptures

😥any thoughts?

Providing the Brisa Lite Scultping service is fully finished including finish filing and their top coat then you can apply any colour system you like over the top.

I don't think you apply top coat if applying gel polish on top?

Yes you can, I do it lots but you don't use the Brisa lite top coat you do Gelish then Gelish topcoat x

I thought you missed the brisa top coat bit applied which ever gel polish you are using then the top coat for that system

Thanks ladies.
I understand about using the top coat that corresponds to final colour system etc.

Hi ladies. As above really, can Gelish colours be used on Brisa Lite Sculpting gel or other companies products. I'm not currently providing either but am doing a lot of thinking of which way to go. Love the idea of a soak off hard gel & I know of course that Shellac can be used over this but was wondering as there are very good reports on this site with regard to Gelish colours.

Also, what sort of charge per service could i realistically ask for a complete Gelish service as a home based nail tech.

I'm currently using Bio Sculpture with led lamp. Overlays & sculptures

Short answer is Yes . But I am a little confused as you say ' like the idea of a soak off hard gel '

As far as I am concerned there is no such thing . Its either a hard gel ( buff off ) or a soak off gel .

Am I missing something ?

x

Short answer is Yes . But I am a little confused as you say ' like the idea of a soak off hard gel '

As far as I am concerned there is no such thing . Its either a hard gel ( buff off ) or a soak off gel .

Am I missing something ?

x

Bridal lite is a soak of gel hard gel that can be used to extend. :)

Am I missing something ?

x

I too was pleasantly surprised when I googled 'soak off hard gel' and it said Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel. I've been a nail tech for 14 years and showed that I haven't been keeping up with new trends. Apparently it's been around for some time!!

I too was pleasantly surprised when I googled 'soak off hard gel' and it said Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel. I've been a nail tech for 14 years and showed that I haven't been keeping up with new trends. Apparently it's been around for some time!!

Ok so it is their description - Sorry still dont agree with it . It is a contradiction. I don't think it is a case of you not keeping up with trends at all

As a distributor myself far as I am concerned it still remains - hard gel = buff off :) . Unless someone can explain what exactly is meant by that

It's hard. It's gel. It soaks off.

Try it and see.

Can someone clarify pls as I'm confused! (not hard for me) lol do we do the whole system brisa base, brisa, brisa top coat then gelish colour, gelish top coat or brisa base, brisa gel, gelish colour, gelish top coat?
I no with shellac u emit brisa top coat, go straight to colour then shellac top cos but is it mixing systems with gelish? Thanks x

Bl base, BL sculpting gel, finish file, Gelish colour coats, Gelish topcoat.

I don't consider this mixing systems as the BL sculpting gel is cured and finish filed before I apply Gelish on top.

Latest posts

Back