Gelish or Artistic Colour Gloss?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diddy_emma

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm really excited to be offering my clients gel polish. My first choice is Gelish as that's what my educator trained me with and was all set to go ahead and purchase all the beautiful colours..............

However one of my clients mentioned she preferred Artistic Colour Gloss as she thought it lasted so much better as the Gelish "lifted and peeled after about 9 days"..........?

Maybe that's her personal preference but she's now made me question my choice........

Can any of you lovelies give me advice or personal experiences with either of these gel polishes???

Much appreciated :) xxxx

My gelish always lasts longer than 9 days before chipping or peeling (if it does chip/peel at all). Her past experience could have been from it being poorly done or wear and tear if she'd had a busy week or if she works with chemicals a lot. There can be many reasons for gelish to peel!

I love the gelish system and so do all my clients, it's fantastic, I can't recommend it more! Hth xx

There really is no difference between Gelish and Artistic, apparently they contain the same ingredients. I've worked with Gelish for 2 years and on some clients it lasts 3/4 weeks! Others, well, depends on what they're up to, could be 9 days if they're not following aftercare.

I use both and they are exactly the same. Most people last a couple of weeks and some last 4 or more (looks horrid by then though). There's always going to be some people that chip but not many!

I use Gelish, but have some Artistic Colour Gloss as the colours are so good...Posh is one of my most popular, and their Holiday Collection of Golds out tomorrow are a must have for me....can't wait!
I have found absolutely no difference in the performance of these two systems.

Thank you so much for your feedback.

My lady is a hairdresser so she has very active hands, she's had the Gelish and Artistic done by the same lady at the same salon......I guess Artistic is just her preference :)

Thanks again!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've also got both and they last the same, i have been using Young Nails Protein Bond on clients that suffer with peeling and it has completely stopped it :) x

I use both two , strangely some colours I find last better than others. So does the consistancy , it varies depending on the colour . Love both though x

You've all been awesomely helpful! :D

I think I'm going to stick to my gut instinct and go with Gelish.

Thanks again! Have a fab weekend :) xxxxx

You can go with Gelish but still use ACG colours with Gelish base and top because some of the ACG colours are lovely. That's what I do. X

I use Gelish, but have some Artistic Colour Gloss as the colours are so good...Posh is one of my most popular, and their Holiday Collection of Golds out tomorrow are a must have for me....can't wait!
I have found absolutely no difference in the performance of these two systems.

I like the look of those! Might try them out being holding out making a purchase!

Its the same product made in the same factory, marketed through two diff brands or so i'm told :) some colours are just better than others. I have both

Latest posts

Back