Gelish over enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jadie-23

Reaction score
Soooo I'm actually embarrassed :o to be asking this but.......I'm a natural nail tech and 10 days before I go to Marbs for my birthday.....I've split a nail!!!! Grrrrrr :-( :'(

So looks like I'm gonna have to put my trust in another tech and have a set of l&p or Gel

My question is after they have done my sat can I then do my own Gelish on top??? (Please don't laugh!! No experience in these matters) :p

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1404736041863.jpg
    1404736041863.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 215
Yes you can. You don't need ph bond or foundation on that nail though, just buff slightly, cleanse and then go straight to your colour stage x

Ahh thanks hun. I will probably end up have a full set rather than an overlay on that nail

I would have asked my educator but I've mithered her to death this month!! :-D xxx

If you can and try and find a tech that uses CND Brisa Lite sculpting as this product is perfect for a broken single nail. Failing that you could have an acrylic or gel overlay to the broken nail then I don't see why you shouldn't be able to put your gelish on top.
I only use CND Shellac and would apply it after the enhancements have been filed out as then no base coat is required as the shellac adheres to the grit surface. Sorry I can't comment on how the gelish would be applied. I'm sure someone will be able to advise.

Good luck and enjoy your hols x

If you can and try and find a tech that uses CND Brisa Lite sculpting as this product is perfect for a broken single nail. Failing that you could have an acrylic or gel overlay to the broken nail then I don't see why you shouldn't be able to put your gelish on top.
I only use CND Shellac and would apply it after the enhancements have been filed out as then no base coat is required as the shellac adheres to the grit surface. Sorry I can't comment on how the gelish would be applied. I'm sure someone will be able to advise.

Good luck and enjoy your hols x

Thanks hun!!

If I'm gonna have to do anything to them I might as well go for something fancy like almond or stiletto!!!! Will try and find a tech that uses a soak off product to minimise damage! Eeek nervous! xxx

Brisa lite sculpting is fully soak able to remove enhancements too. Absolutely no filing of the natural nail either! Win win. X

Soooo I'm actually embarrassed :o to be asking this but.......I'm a natural nail tech and 10 days before I go to Marbs for my birthday.....I've split a nail!!!! Grrrrrr :-( :'(

So looks like I'm gonna have to put my trust in another tech and have a set of l&p or Gel

My question is after they have done my sat can I then do my own Gelish on top??? (Please don't laugh!! No experience in these matters) :p

Why don't you repair the split yourself with fibre glass strips and structure gel! It works brilliantly and allows your nail to grow out x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

gelish structure gel alone will be strong enough to mend the crack, im sure your educator wont min you asking x

Why don't you repair the split yourself with fibre glass strips and structure gel! It works brilliantly and allows your nail to grow out x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've fiberglass on it now, but I wanted them long for Marbs :-( xx

Hey Hun, yes you can have Gelish on top of enhancements. Once you have filed and shaped the enhancement and wiped the dust clean, you can go straight on to applying colour without the base coat but still use the TIO. Mine are Gelish Hard Gel with Gelish on and they last ages :)
However, if you just want to repair the nail, structure gel under the colour would hold it until it grows out x
HTH
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404841641.123736.jpg

💕💅 Keep calm and make 'em Gelish 💅💕

Hey Hun, yes you can have Gelish on top of enhancements. Once you have filed and shaped the enhancement and wiped the dust clean, you can go straight on to applying colour without the base coat but still use the TIO. Mine are Gelish Hard Gel with Gelish on and they last ages :)
However, if you just want to repair the nail, structure gel under the colour would hold it until it grows out x
HTH
View attachment 69900

Thanks hun, having to go to another tech as I don't do enhancements :-(

Thanks for the advice xxxx

Thanks hun, having to go to another tech as I don't do enhancements :-(

Thanks for the advice xxxx

:( I would offer to do them for you but I expect you're miles away x

:( I would offer to do them for you but I expect you're miles away x

Awww thanks hun!! Only just seen your post!!!! My harmony educator put a shout out for an enhancements tech in my area but nothing :-( have been googling like mad lol xxxx

Hi -I am new to the site-Ive been doing gelish for 1 year now - and use a nail tip on myself with structure gel over that. It holds for me because Im careful only. I would like to use tips on clients.... and have them hold. Some clients want long tips. What gelish products do you use for this? Could you include your steps? Gelish structure just isnt enough to hold them. I love gelish...just need more strength. I use LED light also. Thank you in advance for any help.
I am posting this for perfecttennails. Sorry.

Latest posts

Back