Gelish peeling back

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayleyc1983

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm not unsure if there is another thread on here about this but I am after some advice.

I have one client who as soon as I apply gelish, within 24 hours the whole lot peels back. I prep the nail properly, making sure fully dehydrated and that foundation layer and colour layers are thin when applied.

When I leave, they are fine but then they come straight off. Do you think she generates too much natural oil in her nail bed? I'm at a bit of a loss as to what the problem is as this does not happen with any of my other clients.

Would appreciate any advice :)

If its not happening to other clients then I think it is something she is using. Could be a cleaning or cleansing product of some sort, a strong treatment shampoo etc.

It might be worth going through what sort of thing she does immediately after having her nails done. I had one client who used to put rubber gloves on to do her bathroom within an hour of her nails being done, they chipped like crazy in the first week. Once she stopped doing that we had no problems. According to Harmony, clients should be extra careful in the first 24 hours.

Thanks JuicyLucy will ask her about that x

Latest posts

Back