Gelish rant!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaiffer

Reaction score
Normally I see threads on here complaining about ebay purchased Gel Nail products and everyone straight away jumps on the band wagon of 'buy from the official suppliers'

However my rant today is about the standard of product supplied direct from Harmony or Salon Services themselves.

We've had numerous issues with colours which have been swapped or replaced over the last few years, most recently even the replacement for a faulty colour was still faulty!

To add to that earlier this year our Gelish 18G lamp also broke just months after the warranty expired!

It makes me think does buying from the official sources give you any better service or product???!!!

What's anyone else's experiences?

I have always brought from eBay, I think as long as you research the sellers you are fine! Touch wood I have yet to have a bad experience or a false product

Normally I see threads on here complaining about ebay purchased Gel Nail products and everyone straight away jumps on the band wagon of 'buy from the official suppliers'

However my rant today is about the standard of product supplied direct from Harmony or Salon Services themselves.

We've had numerous issues with colours which have been swapped or replaced over the last few years, most recently even the replacement for a faulty colour was still faulty!

To add to that earlier this year our Gelish 18G lamp also broke just months after the warranty expired!

It makes me think does buying from the official sources give you any better service or product???!!!

What's anyone else's experiences?

I've had cured gelish polishes purchased from Salon Services, but I normally take it back for an exchange. With Nail harmony, I had once a bottle of polish break and messed up all my other bottles which were impossible to clean up so they sent me a new one.

If the lamp is not working, check to see if it is the switching power supply that may be faulty by using a voltmeter whilst it is plugged in or take it to an electrician if you don't know how to do it to test if the power supply is working. Something as easy as the fuse could be the culprit. You might just need to replace the fuse or the power supply and it's cheaper to replace both than getting a new unit at a great cost.

I have always brought from eBay, I think as long as you research the sellers you are fine! Touch wood I have yet to have a bad experience or a false product
I’d check your insurance provider will cover you for products not purchased from an authorised distributor......

With the warranty, go back to them and quote the consumer rights act. Works wonders! Research it and I promise you will get somewhere X

With the warranty, go back to them and quote the consumer rights act. Works wonders! Research it and I promise you will get somewhere X

Sales of Goods Act 1979

Latest posts

Back