Gelish removal leaving burning sensation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisole

Reaction score
I am really upset about something that happened, I had done gelish to a client, it worked fine they last for 3 weeks, i always leave my clients with instructions on how to remove gelish if for some reason they can't come to me for removal, and she decided to remove it herself, i had even showed her how to do so she was sure of the procedure. I have told her to use acetone to remove it, she used a nail polish remover she had bought from the store thinking it had acetone in it, i had an appointment with her today and she told me when she tried to remove them she did exactly as i showed her and her nails started burning in less then a minute, i checked what she used, it didn't have a brand and the ingredients were not in English, but the only thing i could realize was there was no acetone in it. I told her not to use it again but i really cant understand what made her fingernails start burning, i had removed gelish from her toes with my own remover and it didn't bother her at all. Also in that 1 minute soaking it was enough for the gelish to break down and she removed almost all of it easily.

Therein lies the problem of clients trying to do what should be left to the professionals and PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTS.

I discourage clients as much as possible from doing things on their own. I knew a client that put her acetone in the microwave!! :eek:
Yup, you guessed it; it caught on fire!

If you are going to support them in home removal, I would suggest stocking products to retail to them to be sure of what they are using when they do so; that way they don't do something silly like buy hardware store acetone or gosh knows what else.
That way
1) you can be sure that what they are using is safe
2) increase your retail income.

hth's

Therein lies the problem of clients trying to do what should be left to the professionals and PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTS.

I discourage clients as much as possible from doing things on their own. I knew a client that put her acetone in the microwave!! :eek:
Yup, you guessed it; it caught on fire!

If you are going to support them in home removal, I would suggest stocking products to retail to them to be sure of what they are using when they do so; that way they don't do something silly like buy hardware store acetone or gosh knows what else.
That way
1) you can be sure that what they are using is safe
2) increase your retail income.

hth's

100% agree with Victoria on this one OP.

I ALWAYS tell the client to come back for safe and professional removal but i have supplies on hand to retail in the event that a client cant make it back to me. I use Gelish and have a little home kit prepared with a small bottle of acetone, an orange wood stick and 10 removers. it's being prepared that can prevent misfortunes like what happened to your client, plus it increases your sales. why put money into someone else s pocket if you can line yours and know that your client is using SAFE products.

Thank you all and you are right, i though that after explaining it properly that they could do it themselves if needed but i guess that isn't the case for everyone. Of course the first thing i write before the removal instructions is to say that they should always go to a professional for removal and only try themselves if they can not go to one. I will try to retail them products to remove the gelish if they need to do it at home. I really hope something like this wont happen again.

Latest posts

Back