Gelish, Shellac or other?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HilsD

Reaction score
Help - about to invest in Soak off Gel system. Opinions /advice on which to go with would be appreciated? Thank you!:eek:

Hi,

I use both and find they both have pro's and cons.

Gelish removal is a lot harder (I find) but they do so many more colours and keep up to date. They also last a bit longer which clients love too.

I have just started using shellac and find this an all round easier system, but doesn't last as long.

I also prefer the gelish led lamp which is quicker, but for me removal is a pain!

I think it's personal preference.

Hope that helps and let us know what you go with! xx

Hi there, I chose shellac as it's the only one that does not require buffing of the nails before application. I love shellac and the customer service and training from sweet squared is always fantastic.
Gelish do have some gorgeous colours but with cnd additives the amount of colours you can create with shellac is endless :) x

ideally both but if on a budget i would go with shellac without doubt, shellac is to gel polish what hoover was to vacuum cleaners, it has total brand recognition...as far as others go there are some very good ones but it would take a brave person to mention them on this forum...go with shellac x

Gelish & shellac are both totally different products...
Gelish is a gel polish last 3-4 weeks
Shellac is a power polish with 14day long last
I do both & love both but if I'd have to choose one it would be gelish... Both have their pros & cons same as every other product it's just personal preference hth xx

I started out with Signature gel system, but everyone was asking for Shellac so I went on the conversion course and haven't looked back. All as above, easy removal, easy application and lots of colours with additives and layering options to make lots more. No need to buff the nail prior to applying, so slightly quicker on the prep side of things. I never get asked for Gelish but did buy one bottle for personal trial - it was lovely to use, but I couldn't get it off!!! That really put me off as I'd heard it was difficult to remove, but geeks on here don't seem to have too much of a problem.

Latest posts

Back