Gelish TIO contamination

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

char1112

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Was just wondering if anyone had any tips to stop the gelish TIO getting contaminated from strong colours. I only have this problem with two of my colours, I've tried dry brushing before applying TIO but I don't think it's helping much. At the moment I'm just cleansing the TIO every time before popping it back in the bottle :/

Sorry if this is a silly question, I tried searching it but I couldn't find much for 'contamination' xxx

Sounds like your lamp isn't curing the product properly , maybe check to see if your bulbs need replacing,

What colours it his happening to??

I've just changed the bulbs on it, I'll have another luck but my brighter colours (carnival hangover, mint icing) it doesn't happen on but my hot rod red and Bella's vamp are just notorious for leaving a little tinge on my TIO brush :/ xx

This always happens on any of my reds...no others! I just wipe on clean paper towel before putting back in the bottle xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

This always happens on any of my reds...no others! I just wipe on clean paper towel before putting back in the bottle xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank god it's not just mine, it takes me so much longer to do those colours just because of the colour staining the top it off brush! Thanks anyway xxx

How about a coat of simple sheer and then tio if wiping the brush doesn't work? :) (that's if you don't really use your simple sheer) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

But then wouldn't it stain my simple sheer? I'm going to try dry brushing the colour after curing I think, it helped a little before so maybe if I'm extra thorough it might work :/ xx

But then wouldn't it stain my simple sheer? I'm going to try dry brushing the colour after curing I think, it helped a little before so maybe if I'm extra thorough it might work :/ xx

Yeah that's why I said if you don't really use your simple sheer, which I don't ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hmm I think I've got a nearly empty bottle of it, if the brushing doesn't work I might as well try that, it's not often I do french's any more so it doesn't get used these days :) might as well, thanks for the tip xxx

Same here, hot rod red staining - I wipe the brush on paper towel and then clean it with prep&wipe. hth :)

Latest posts

Back