Gelish Top It Off dulling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karis_13

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, I keep having the same problem with Gelish TIO dulling after being cured and wiped. I use Gelish Cleanse and have had the same problem after buying new uv bulbs..any ideas where I'm going wrong? Thank you Xx

What lamp are you using?

It's an ASP lamp from Salon Services..36 watts Xx

Are you sure that you're top coating the entire nail?

I've had that happen to me since i got my 6g (never happened with the mini pro45.

I have to make sure their hand is in correctly, as I've read that there could be a blind spot in the gelish led lamps. It tends to happen on either the middle or index nails.
I alos read that if you wait for around 30 secs before wiping that can help.

It doesn't happen everytime though, so that makes me think it's hand placement in the lamp for me anyway.

I get exactly the same thing!! Have not figured out what it is.

I've had that happen to me since i got my 6g (never happened with the mini pro45.

I have to make sure their hand is in correctly, as I've read that there could be a blind spot in the gelish led lamps. It tends to happen on either the middle or index nails.
I alos read that if you wait for around 30 secs before wiping that can help.

It doesn't happen everytime though, so that makes me think it's hand placement in the lamp for me anyway.

As above.... Yes there is a blind spot at the back of the 6g and the with the 18g if their hands are in too far. If the TIO is dull and is NOT squeaking then I'd say it's highly likely it hasn't cured properly. If it's squeaking and is still dull then I'd recommend waiting 30 seconds after coming out of the lamp before applying Cleanse.xx

Yeah I changed them a couple of weeks ago..it's so frustrating. It seems to happen more with the darker colours like Bella's Vampire Xx

Also, when I'm doing acrylics and finish with Glaze & Glo I get the same problem. It must be the lamp! I'm saving up for the Gelish led lamp..what's the difference between the 6g and 18g? Xx

I've just done my advanced Gelish training today and our trainer talked about this. She said it can be caused by using too much cleanser. You only need a small amount otherwise you flood it. She said if this happens to do another top it off layer.

Thank you so much, I think that's maybe the problem rather than the lamp! Xx

Latest posts

Back