Gelish vs CND Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannahahmad87

Reaction score
Hi every, I am new to all this but am looking to start up my own mobile business after 4 years of being out the industry due to having my children 😃

So am doing a gel polish course next week and just wondering what everyone's opinions are on which is the best to use

X

I use both and love them both.

CND Shellac removes quicker than Gelish (by 5 mins) but Gelish has a more xtensive range of colours and glitter gel polishes.

Gelish every time it has more longevity than shellac, I find gelish gives the nails strength and flexibility unlike shellac plus gelish has more colours too

Love gelish

Laura xx

I'm a gelish girl and love it! Xx

Another vote for Gelish :) xx

Come on Geeks, you must have a reason why its your choice and that's what will help the OP decide :)

Shellac. No buffing required and gelish does. That in my opinion is never good for the nails!!

I prefer shellac, much nicer to work with, no damage to nails and quicker removal time... But when I tried to phase out the gelish and convert solely to shellac lots of clients kept saying they preferred gelish so now have to offer both. Also find gelish is very well known in my area so have new clients asking for gelish, and gelish only.
Very difficult lol.

I personally have never buffed nails before Gelishing..I love it because it gives my nails personally much more strength and they don't peel when I have it on, helps them grow longer and stronger..

Thanks ladies gelish seems to be a little more popular on this thread lol.. Guess I'll be best to work with both and see what I prefer? X

I'm a Shellac girl!! Never tried Gelish but the reason I went for Shellac is because as others have said there is no buffing of the natural nail x

I offer both but gelish is my fav xx

I've recently converted to gelish from shellac.

It offers so many more colours, strength & longer wear. Haven't looked back since changing over.
I never buff before application, (and gelish doesn't damage nails btw)

Oh and gelish do NEONS!!!!! Need I say more? 😉 x

I am using shellac since day one. Introduced Gelish early last year.

I hated Gelish, sold it off.

My opinion is that Shellac is easier to remove, easy to do art with, better known, I have full confidence with it.

I love it

Ok reasons. I do use both.
I prefer gelish because I love the large variety of colours. I think the application process is so easy, and even though you do 'buff' the natural nail is it so gentle with a sponge buffer just to literally remove the shine.
It easily does last 3 weeks when done properly.
I also love Structure Gel, it's great for extra strength over gelish, smoothing ridges under gelish and I use it for my Gel extensions.

Other points that are brand related are Nail harmonys L&P Fusion has almost no odour.

Laura xx

Hi, for me its an absolute no brainer!!! Shellac Shellac Shellac because its a hybrid (lower gel content) where gelish is more of a gel, not good for the natural nail, granted it lasts longer but who wants a 3 week manicure? nails grow!

CND all the way

Gelish all the way !! And you don't buff the nails before ? Not sure why people would do this? Has a great colour range , makes nails stronger, doesn't damage them and has a great shine. I find it lasts longer than shellac x

Latest posts

Back