gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nails Plus

Nails Plus
Reaction score
Have just read about the new Gelish LED lamp, does anyone know how this differs from an UV lamp. It would appear to be a lot quicker, although more expensive.

Hi Its the new LED Lamp, its not UV :)

The LED Lamp will have less energy usage (lower wattage), be cooler (no heat spikes), no bulb changes (they last for like 10 years), and it cures the Gelish in 10-30 seconds vs. 1-3 minutes.

It is an LED light. It cures Gelish Foundation coat in 10 seconds rather than a minute, the colour and top coats in 30 seconds each coat rather than 2 minutes each coat. It is expensive, there is no getting away from that but it save approx 16 minutes on each treatment which over a period of time allows you to fit more clients in.

The lights last for 10-15 thousand hours so will not need changing within the forseeable future lol, they do not lose strength over time as UV does. LED lights are cooler than UV lights.

Gelish will cure with any 36w lamp so you will have the choice whether or not to buy this lamp. I have my pre-order in already and it should be arriving within the next 2 weeks.

I must add, however that this lamp will not cure any gels or gel polish that has not been designed to be cured by a LED lamp so you will not be able to cure your existing products with it. Just the same way as the Brisa and Shellac lamps have been designed specifically for the CND products.

We will know more once they arrive and we have had a chance to try them. The proof of the pudding, as they say! :D

Latest posts

Back