Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spicykat

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone was experiencing any problems with Gelish colours chipping & peeling?

I've been using Gelish for over 4 years now & never had any problems,s. All of a sudden I'm getting nail repair after nail repair. They chip & peel. I've noticed that the colours are either extremely watery or really thick.

This is happening with clients who have been wearing it for the last 2/3 years & some new clients. It's our regulars who have said is it actually the product as they've never had problems before!

We've tried all sorts to try & solve this problem & now I'm seriously considering taking on a new brand.

Look forward to anyone's advice xx

Have u tried stirring them. Some nail techs have recommended doing this?

I have not had a problem with Gelish.

However, I did recently buy the pro-shaker as recommended on here and I am amazed at the life it has brought back to my Gelish bottles, especially those that have been layin around for a while (eg, colours from last autumn starting to be used again).

You don't need to buy a shaker. Try stirring with an orange wood stick and giving them a good old shake. This should improve consistently.

Well when I bought into Gelish I was told not to shake them & now to shake them. I think some of the girls shake them so I'll check. It's just so annoying!

Thanks for your replies it's obviously just us that has problems x

I completed my training recently and was told to never shake the bottles, the best way to re mix them is to stir with a cocktail stick or turn upside down and gently wave side to side for a minute x

You should never shake gel polish. Give it a good stir with an orange wood stick.
x

All gel polish? Cnd shellac too??

Shellac is supposed to be shaken.
Gelish is not. It creates air bubbles and you can't get them out.

I 'roll ' my gelish bottles between both hands ..not had any problems

Latest posts

Back