Gellux application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debilour

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
Got my Gellux starter kit today.
When I was applying the top coat after 2 coats of base coat obviously curing each layer, I noticed the top coat brush was picking up some of the colour, is this normal? I wiped off the brush so it didn't make the top coat red. The top coat appears to have cured fine and the sticky layer has come off ok.

If this is normal then fine. I just thought I'd check though.

I have a 36w uv lamp.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422279398.532632.jpg

Here's the finished look.

I find with reds (in most systems, I use Gelish) the colour is so pigmented that it does transfer to the top coat, I have a top coat that I use especially for reds :)

Thank You!
I thought that may have been the case, as I'm new to this I just wanted to be on the safe side!

Yeh I find with darks like purple you get this.
Try to 'float' the topcoat brush across the colour, rather than drag and pull it, this helps.

The gellux one day training is good for little hints & tips. Would recommend it :biggrin:

Yeh I find with darks like purple you get this.
Try to 'float' the topcoat brush across the colour, rather than drag and pull it, this helps.

The gellux one day training is good for little hints & tips. Would recommend it :biggrin:

Thanks!

Yes, I'm planning on doing the training from Gellux. Really impressed with the lack of any odour from the products, find normal nail polish very noxious. 😷

Latest posts

Back